Tyre trouble!

Andy

Reaction score
I'm using the OE bridgestone s20's on my MT. After around 1800 miles the rear was shredded on the edges and almost to the threads in the middle. After putting another s20 on and putting the bouncy rear shock as stiff as possible the new tyre has only lasted around 900 miles. Would a decent shock solve my tyre shredding problems or should I just use different tyres? Any help or advice will be greatly appreciated, thanks.

flydnb

Reaction score
I'm using the OE bridgestone s20's on my MT. After around 1800 miles the rear was shredded on the edges and almost to the threads in the middle. After putting another s20 on and putting the bouncy rear shock as stiff as possible the new tyre has only lasted around 900 miles. Would a decent shock solve my tyre shredding problems or should I just use different tyres? Any help or advice will be greatly appreciated, thanks.
900 miles that's shit mate are you doing burnouts, even the dunflops got to 2k ish miles and I was riding it hard , since changing to the Pirellis they still look like new after 1500 miles .

Andy

Reaction score
No burn outs, just fast road riding. going to stick a Nitron shock in there and put some other tyres on there over winter and see what happens.

flipper

Reaction score
I have the S20s and a Nitron Sport shock. No wear like you describe. Very little wear in 900 miles. I rate these tyres. Reckon your problem is the pile of shite OE shock.

What pressure are you running in the back?

Last edited:

Impostor1981

Reaction score
Mine lastet 2500 and I do like riding hard. I am not the lightest either.

alan_manic

Reaction score
I got 1900 miles out of my S20 rear and I replaced it with the same tyre. Gonna change both the tyres with Bridgestone T30 next, sport touring tyres will give plenty grip for me. :)

stevecbr

Reaction score
I got 1900 miles out of my S20 rear and I replaced it with the same tyre. Gonna change both the tyres with Bridgestone T30 next, sport touring tyres will give plenty grip for me. :)
My S20 lasted 3200 miles, they shouldnt wear in 900 miles, unless your doing burnouts.

Alan, I wouldnt fit the T30's, they are not recommended for the MT. I have the BT-023's fitted to mine, they make it unrideable above 100mph due to weave. A chap on here fitted the T30's and had the same problem. I contacted Bridgestone, and they are not recommended for the MT, I posted their response on this forum, a long thread about Bridgestone. It seems the best Sport Touring tyres are the Pirelli Angels or the Michelin PR4's

Locksmith

Reaction score
My original Bridgestones have done 2200 and starting to look secondhand front and rear !

Trip Hazard

Reaction score
Running original Dunlop Sportsmax D214's front and rear, about 1mm to go before replacement on the rear, having done 5300 miles

Img_9703.jpg

fizzy

Reaction score
PR4's are the way to go I only got 1700 miles from the OE shite and that was 1000 miles runing it in riding like a poof , done 1300 miles on the PR4'sand they still look new and stick like shit to a blanket in all weather conditions

fizzy

Reaction score
Now i have 9.500km and the back tire (D214) has reached the wear indicators... so i arrange to put a pair of Michelin Pilot Road 4 next Thursday at the price of 280 euros fitted ..!
Sounds like a good price I gave £240 in the UK and had to fit them myself, brilliant tyres I am well pleased with them not heard a bad report off anyone who's fitted them

Bobbydazzler

Reaction score
My first 3 rear tyres were bridgestone s20's + i got just over 1000miles from each of them + they were totally done! Have now put a pair of michelin pr4's on + what a difference! 2500miles in + they still look ok'ish + fantastic grip in all conditions! I'll defo stick with them from now on! I paid 290 fitted, well worth the extra few quid!