Untreated icy roads

Triple Trouble

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Be careful out there on the "untreated" icy roads please. I was on my way to work yesterday morning and hit a sheet of 1" thick ice that spanned the whole width of the road. I was coming round a long sweeping left hand corner doing about 55-60mph on an A road and went over a massive patch of ice. Later found out that it is a burst water mains and Thames water hadn't done anything about it. No grit was on the road either. Bike lowsided and I went down the road on my back for about 100 meters then hit a white van head on coming the other way. It went over my leg and snapped my tib and fib so my shin bone came through the skin leaving a whole the size of my fist. Pretty much fucked lol. The bike looks like a right off as well.
So please please guys and girls... Take it extremely easy out there.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1453265828.220734.jpg

flydnb

Reaction score
Be careful out there on the "untreated" icy roads please. I was on my way to work yesterday morning and hit a sheet of 1" thick ice that spanned the whole width of the road. I was coming round a long sweeping left hand corner doing about 55-60mph on an A road and went over a massive patch of ice. Later found out that it is a burst water mains and Thames water hadn't done anything about it. No grit was on the road either. Bike lowsided and I went down the road on my back for about 100 meters then hit a white van head on coming the other way. It went over my leg and snapped my tib and fib so my shin bone came through the skin leaving a whole the size of my fist. Pretty much fucked lol. The bike looks like a right off as well.
So please please guys and girls... Take it extremely easy out there.

View attachment 3753
shit mate get well soon sir .

Colin Briffett

Reaction score
Holy shit tt! Hope you get better soon mate! Should be coming down to get my ecu flashed in march time!

mike

Reaction score
Thats bad luck I hope it all goes well for you and the recovery is as painless as it can be

Fulfilled-09

Reaction score
My God, you poor sod. Your sad mishap doesn't half bring our volatility on a bike to the forefront of one's mind. Speedy recovery and sincere best wishes.

Triple Trouble

Super Moderator
Reaction score
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1453317303.005256.jpg

All the black you can see is where the bones came through the skin and left a hole the size of a mans fist lol

Triple Trouble

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Ankle is at the left of the picture. Knee is just outside of the picture on the right. The bit in the middle is a poor attempt at being a shin and calf lol