Yamaha Tracer First impressions from 0 miles

stef998

Reaction score
Had mine 3 weeks and shamefully only put 100 miles on her feels like a supermoto compared to the triumph explorer i swapped it for so much lighter and easier to move about.I went for the comfort seat option and find it quite firm at the moment so hoping it will get a bit softer as the mileage goes up.As others have said their is a fair bit of wind noise with the standard screen at motorway speeds i have it on the highest setting and i am only 5'8 the suspension is quite firm compared to the explorer also.

marnew

Reaction score
Finally got mine today after a 6 week wait for a red one?only managed to do about 50 miles but it was well worth the wait?image.jpg

GRAHAM TRACER 15

Reaction score
I got my Tracer last Wednesday and am loving it, I now have 250 miles on the clock, I had a Triumph Tiger Sport previously which I found too top heavy and a bit of a lump at low speed, I am 5`6" so struggled with it a bit, the Tracer is quite tall but manageable due to light weight, I have got some Lust racing lowering links to fit.
I have set my front and rear suspension up for my weight and it is so much better than the stock settings, worth taking ten minutes and getting a mate to do the measuring for you while you sit on the bike, I am 12 stone and have the front and rear preload set at 25mm and the rear dialled out half a turn on the screw to soften it a bit, my rear shock is on the second position from fully soft.
I have one question, I want to hard wire my Garmin Zumo 660 in and not use the 12 volt power socket because it is not protected from water ingress, does nayone know if Yamaha provide a fused connection for this or where to break into the loom, I though ]about taking it from the number plate light ?

reeseyboy

Reaction score
I removed the screen and the screen mount to find the plug for the second accessory socket. I then released the pins from the socket and, using mini female spade connectors, connected my satnav feed to there. Is switched and fused. No need to lift the tank.

GRAHAM TRACER 15

Reaction score
I had a look behind the screen and found two blanked off connectors next to the connector for the existing 12 volt socket, are these blanked off connectors for the additional 12 volt socket or accessories like sat nav ?