A Mode

kevxtx

Reaction score
I have had my 09 for over a year now and I am slowly getting it to a great bike, so far the suspension has been changed to Ohlin’s rear and Andreani front cartridges and all set up by FTR Suspension. H & M quick shifter, a great sounding Leo Vinci full exhaust, and Pirelli Supercorsa’s. The bike now handles and rides and sounds like a dream.

BUT the snatchey throttle in A mode is driving me mad, I tried the O2 eliminator but that put the engine management light on after a long motorway run, I brought the O2 eliminator gadget from Australia but that made no difference what so ever (waste of money) I have had the bike remapped by a Yamaha dealer but it is still very difficult to ride coming off closed throttle in A mode.

I understand there is lots of posts regarding this problem but is there a cure, and if not why is Yamaha not doing more to make this bike safer to ride.

Craig
You are the very first person to ever say the O2 controller is a waist of money & does not work, there obviously something wrong with your bike if the O2 controller has not fixed the surging in the closed loop, there is something else wrong with your bike.

Please can you send me the O2 controller straight back to me, send it with a tracking, PM me the tracking number I await your reply.

craigzx9

Reaction score
You are the very first person to ever say the O2 controller is a waist of money & does not work, there obviously something wrong with your bike if the O2 controller has not fixed the surging in the closed loop, there is something else wrong with your bike.

Please can you send me the O2 controller straight back to me, send it with a tracking, PM me the tracking number I await your reply.
Dear Kev

There may be something wrong with my bike but with the appalling service I am receiving from Yamaha I don't hold out any hope of getting it fixed,
So far the O2 eliminator made no difference, the Yamaha new map made no difference and your modification made no difference.
I will get a quote to send your item back tracked to Australia but I have wasted so much money on this bike to get it ride able I am not prepared to waist any more, I will properly sell it on ebay to someone that has an Mt09 without a problem.

Many thanks

Craig

Please private message me your address

kevxtx

Reaction score
If all those items made no difference then the problem is not related to what was done or fitted to your bike, they would need to look elsewhere within the bike. Go & see Simon to see if he can help you out with a fresh map not Yamaha based, if you were in Oz I would get you to send me your ECU & I would load one of my custom tune maps to suite your bike.

Last edited:

bullet

Reaction score
A mode all the way so much so if it's not in A it dnt feel right only got kevs mod
God help me wen I get enuff money for a TT flash #licencegone [emoji23]

craigzx9

Reaction score
*******Up Date********
Kev has offered a full refund if I am not happy (top bloke) but I have spoke to Simon and TT and the ECU is on its way to them, and they are going to flash the ECU to include the fitting of Kev's Mod.
Apparently the issue I have is when on closed throttle the injectors close, then when you open the throttle the injectors open and there is a surge of fuel thus giving a sudden jerk in engine power, so the flash will keep the injectors open to stop this happening.
Finger crossed I will keep you all updated if anybody's interested.
Also ordered a K&N air filter on Simon's advice.

Triple Trouble

Super Moderator
Reaction score
*******Up Date********
Kev has offered a full refund if I am not happy (top bloke) but I have spoke to Simon and TT and the ECU is on its way to them, and they are going to flash the ECU to include the fitting of Kev's Mod.
Apparently the issue I have is when on closed throttle the injectors close, then when you open the throttle the injectors open and there is a surge of fuel thus giving a sudden jerk in engine power, so the flash will keep the injectors open to stop this happening.
Finger crossed I will keep you all updated if anybody's interested.
Also ordered a K&N air filter on Simon's advice.
There's a bit more to it than that but we will sort it Craig have no fear.

craigzx9

Reaction score
*****UPDATE***** FLASH AHHH HAHHHHHHH SAVER OF THE YAMAHA
I have now had my ECU flashed be S-Tec performance. I have fitted it tonight and what a transformation this is what Yamaha should have done a year ago. My bike is now easy to ride off a closed throttle in A mode also a bonus when you blip the throttle on down shift there is no jerky surge.. I can't thank S - Tec enough that have stopped me selling my bike.
Yamaha if you care and listen to your customers get the MT 09 set up properly or produce an MT09R and really compete with triumph you have built a bike with a really great engine but it needs sorting to Make it a great all round bike.
Set up:
Andreani front fork cartridges, ohlins rear shock, suspension set up by FTR Suspension, H & M Quickshifter, Kev's Mod , S-Tec performance ECU flash, Pirelli Diablo super corsa tyres. Leo Vinci exhaust, DID gold chain.
One problem with the bike now is I keep getting cramp in my jaw cause it makes me laugh so much.

Fluke

Reaction score
Mate
I'm so happy to hear you're pleased with your ride.
Simon and TT sorted me right out so I know the joy a beautifully fettled MT can bring.
Really happy you'll not be selling
All the best, Fluke

Triple Trouble

Super Moderator
Reaction score
*****UPDATE***** FLASH AHHH HAHHHHHHH SAVER OF THE YAMAHA
I have now had my ECU flashed be S-Tec performance. I have fitted it tonight and what a transformation this is what Yamaha should have done a year ago. My bike is now easy to ride off a closed throttle in A mode also a bonus when you blip the throttle on down shift there is no jerky surge.. I can't thank S - Tec enough that have stopped me selling my bike.
Yamaha if you care and listen to your customers get the MT 09 set up properly or produce an MT09R and really compete with triumph you have built a bike with a really great engine but it needs sorting to Make it a great all round bike.
Set up:
Andreani front fork cartridges, ohlins rear shock, suspension set up by FTR Suspension, H & M Quickshifter, Kev's Mod , S-Tec performance ECU flash, Pirelli Diablo super corsa tyres. Leo Vinci exhaust, DID gold chain.
One problem with the bike now is I keep getting cramp in my jaw cause it makes me laugh so much.
Thanks for the feedback Craig. Always a pleasure to read. I'm just glad it worked for you and your not selling lol