*****aftermarket ecu flash*****

Do we rename the two ECU threads for ease of reading?

• Total voters
M

MT account

my take on the engine braking is that the injectors are switched off on closed throttle untill 4000rpm when they switch back on so to remove that would mean leaving them switched on all the way down to idle. that will give you more unburnt fuel in the exhaust, less engine braking but possible bigger and badder flame outs from an open exhaust?

...........c'mon guys try that out as id like to see those flames.....:)
indmex.jpg

john69

Reaction score
Engine braking has been mentioned, why would you want to lose it?
Is it a bad thing?

I'm thinking that the faster it slows down when you wind the throttle back the better?
yep i agree specially coming from motocross racing 4 strokes, love engine braking for cornering

l34chy

Reaction score

l34chy

Reaction score
my take on the engine braking is that the injectors are switched off on closed throttle untill 4000rpm when they switch back on so to remove that would mean leaving them switched on all the way down to idle. that will give you more unburnt fuel in the exhaust, less engine braking but possible bigger and badder flame outs from an open exhaust?

...........c'mon guys try that out as id like to see those flames.....:)
View attachment 2061
YEAH i will have a bit of that:cool:

Triple Trouble

Super Moderator
Reaction score
no fingers being ripped off the bars......i dont ride in skin tight leathers smeared in vaseline like you chap :D, im sat out there in textiles n a shark raw.......105 is a tank slapper due to the 'ears' 110 gets me hanging on for life :)
Pmsl. I do love a bit of Vaseline ;)

Triple Trouble

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Your spot on there TT I work in the motor trade
and us dealers can only see what faults are current
and certain settings we can not see if a car as been
chipped or reprogrammed only the manufactures can
Thought I mite be. I just asked my head technician and he told me lol

rob5006

Reaction score
No charge. They are all being done under warranty.
Looks like a trip to Fleetwood at some stage then...will let you know when so we can catch up and have a brew. Will look forward to your test ride review.

Triple Trouble

Super Moderator
Reaction score
........out on the common again this weekend?
Always...! Lol. Gotta keep in the loop or I won't know wots going on. Mind u, I'm sure plenty of people will tell me. It's getting Iike that kind of forum. Flash backs to the FZ lot eh MT Account lol.

I think I'm gonna start

"ShutTheFcukUpGate" ;)

Triple Trouble

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Some of u have asked if ur ECU cud be posted and flashed....!
The answer is yes. Obviously the usual scenario applies....sender pays the postage BOTH ways and it MUST BE recorded

paulrab

Reaction score
:D
last time i went to swansea some cnut stole my fender extender and damaged my carbon bell by trying to rip it off my bike.......i wouldnt advise him going over there unless his laptop was welded to a jcb's bucket with the wheels removed.
......jus going on what happened to me.............:eek:
Bastards, but i think you got off lightly there mate!! :D

Triple Trouble

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Ok so.....!

Regarding restrictions in 5/6 gears, as with most manufacture restrictions they are put there to control emissions nowadays, not just speed, that's also why bikes are running so lean nowadays & we have to up the fuel using power commanders etc to get them to run right.

This info has come from a "man in the know"!

Triple Trouble

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Well that's all it is.... Emissions...with a bit of safety thrown in for the boredom factor lol

Locksmith

Reaction score
Ok so.....!

Regarding restrictions in 5/6 gears, as with most manufacture restrictions they are put there to control emissions nowadays, not just speed, that's also why bikes are running so lean nowadays & we have to up the fuel using power commanders etc to get them to run right.

This info has come from a "man in the know"!
As a man definitely not in the know it gets very confusing when reports that using an aftermarket air filter, that should lean it out even more, makes it run smoother.

My head is going to explode !!!!!!!!!! :)

M

MT account

im always getting emails that if i buy their special tablets i can gain an extra 3".............yeah right!:rolleyes:

rob5006

Reaction score
I think you have to take the forums with a pinch of salt. I certainly am no expert but take other peoples expertise and experiences on board when deciding for myself. The Dna Air filter makes my bike perform better and smoother. The quality and construction is far superior than the paper stock one. I don't really understand all this 'lean' stuff and it appears that people really like using this word. The good thing about this forum is that things like the new re-flash, G2 Throttle tamers, power commanders, braid hose cables, etc, would not have come to my attention and given me the bike that gives me great performance and satisfaction...so, keep it going people and continue spreading the word...but ultimately-do your own research, everybody has a required taste when it comes to Beer, Women, and bikes!

Triple Trouble

Super Moderator
Reaction score
*****ECU "news" flash*****

I think you have to take the forums with a pinch of salt. I certainly am no expert but take other peoples expertise and experiences on board when deciding for myself. The Dna Air filter makes my bike perform better and smoother. The quality and construction is far superior than the paper stock one. I don't really understand all this 'lean' stuff and it appears that people really like using this word. The good thing about this forum is that things like the new re-flash, G2 Throttle tamers, power commanders, braid hose cables, etc, would not have come to my attention and given me the bike that gives me great performance and satisfaction...so, keep it going people and continue spreading the word...but ultimately-do your own research, everybody has a required taste when it comes to Beer, Women, and bikes!
Thanks for the comments and recognition. It takes time and a lot of effort to keep everyone on this forum happy.
It's nice to know people are getting something out of it if only just a few tips and advise. ;)