Aussie ECU part number

jambocool

Reaction score
[ QUOTE=sporti;9428]I've just received confirmation for the week of the 14th.

I'll post up an initial review & another a couple of weeks in, once completed.[/QUOTE]

Sounds good mate! Looking forward to the results!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

sporti

Reaction score
Righto, the ecu's out, being shipped off tomorrow, should have it back mid next week - shortly followed up by a 4 day weekend!

I'll update as previously mentioned...ASAP!!!!

sporti

Reaction score
I'll have this returned tomorrow prior to COB.

Test ride tomorrow night followed up by some decent k's over the weekend...

...stay tuned....

stunva

Reaction score
The throttle bodies do not fully open in 5 - 6th gear, hence why it feels better in 4th.
There's a noticeable reduction in pull in the top two gears.
Does the flash change this also.

sporti

Reaction score
The throttle bodies do not fully open in 5 - 6th gear, hence why it feels better in 4th.
There's a noticeable reduction in pull in the top two gears.
Does the flash change this also.
Apparently the speed limiter is removed, I would *hazard a* guess that in order for the bike to reach its top speed, it would need the throttle bodies to be able to completely open.

That's a great question though & 1 I plan to ask.

sporti

Reaction score
To say this is the best lot of money I have spent on this bike is an understatement. I only spent about 40mins up in the hills, dodging traffic & having a bit f a play, but what a play!

In a nutshell, the bike is more user friendly, pulls stronger through all gears, though the main improvement is the issue I hoped would be resolved. The snatchy throttle. I could go on about it, suffice to say it is GONE. I left my driveway in A mode & never took it out.

The habit I have created since owning this bike has leant me toward being cautious with the throttle whilst in A mode. I'll stop short of saying you could be hamfisted with it now, but being aggressive with the throttle makes the whole bike more controllable, not just want to spit you off the back of it. Slow speed corners are now a breeze & mid corner roll ons don't upset the chassis through being jerky. This is how the bike should have been released from the factory, had Yamaha done this, no one would have ever mentioned this as a problem.

I'm heading out Monday for a decent run to rack up a few hundred k's, I'm sure I'll have a better idea of what it's capable of then.

watto

Reaction score
How did you go with the Monday ride sporti?
The ECU remap sounds like money well spent
:p

sporti

Reaction score
Monday's ride was sensational.

I was two up & went out with a couple of other MT owners. I swapped bikes with one of the guys for around 50k's, the difference in the bike is phenomenal.

I start the bike in A mode & that's where it stays now. All round, the bike is more rideable, a lot more enjoyable not having to be cautious of rolling on the throttle. When my mate got off & back onto his, he said that the flash is now the 1st thing on his 'to do list'.

We took a mainly back roads with a little highway riding, even two up through the twisties, the bike never once became unsettled with the on/off throttle applications.

$495 well spent. This may seem like a bit of coin in relation to the cost of the bike, though to thoroughly fix one of the major issues, it is money very well spent.

Schultzy

Reaction score
Great to hear that works for you mate.

Ive contemplated doing this along with my EJK however Ive always been hesitiant to get a flash as its pretty permanent - Ive got mods so its costly if I were to ever change anything or go back to stock and I do like to play with my setup from time to time :)

I could get it flashed with stock fueling maps and use the EJK to fix the the fuelling but @ $500 it seems a lot for the other bits and pieces as Ive already eliminated throttle issues etc.

Then again I havent been afraid to spend too much on this thing so far so why stop now :D

sporti

Reaction score
I haven't tested the top end speed yet as it's been DD for the last two weekends.

Schultzy, I'd be keen to see what you think in comparison :)

Last edited:

Schultzy

Reaction score
I haven't tested the top end speed yet as it's been DD for the last two weekends.

Schultzy, I'd be keen to see what you think in comparison :)
Did you guys have a good spin yesterday? Next time we catch up for a spin we can swap bikes for a while if your keen?

I went for a quick blaat this morning to tune up the bike a bit - after 90 mins or so of passing a couple of cops pulling over cars I decided I better keep my licence and call it a day :)

sporti

Reaction score
yesterday was great, nice & cool, no rain (bonus) around 200 odd k's through the hills, a pint at the Weir pub then back into town.

I'm keen on the swap, I'm equally interested to see what the FM & pipe goes like in comparison :)

Got the comfort seat the week before last, I'm loving it!

watto

Reaction score
Just removed my ECU called ECUWEST and spoke to Darren there. Will post it tomorrow looking forward to the results.

watto :p

Last edited:

stunva

Reaction score
What's the turnaround like, I'd be devastated if I had to miss a weekend riding, maybe I'll wait until I get the other bike back on the road just in case.

sporti

Reaction score
What's the turnaround like, I'd be devastated if I had to miss a weekend riding, maybe I'll wait until I get the other bike back on the road just in case.
Use an express post envelope, ECUwest is in the Perth metro area. Less than a day to do the flash & him to resend it, should be back in your bike in a week. (subject to Aust Post of course :p)

Depends on how far in the country you are I'd guess?

Rekt

Reaction score
I never noticed the Australian section on this forum.. Hi from Perth!
I have a Racing Blue for around 6weeks now and had the ECU flashed a week ago.
It changed the bike, its unfortunate that it is so expensive compared to Stoltec but I strongly recommend everyone gets the ECU Flashed!

Also found the DIAG menu yesterday, altered CO to 14 and the bike feels better than i could of dreamed.