Braided Lines for ABS version.

MT09-Smurf

Reaction score
I've been told that there's only 5, 2 at rear, 3 at front.

If I'm right, on the 09, the pipes from the union under the light to ABS has metal pipes already, same at rear.

Hel's price btw is £150, waiting to hear from another manf. Will post later when I get it.

FreakyFreak

Reaction score
I've been told that there's only 5, 2 at rear, 3 at front.

If I'm right, on the 09, the pipes from the union under the light to ABS has metal pipes already, same at rear.

Hel's price btw is £150, waiting to hear from another manf. Will post later when I get it.
That's a bit pricy £150! But I guess if there are 8 cables, double that with banjos etc... But still find it pricy. Let us know what the other manufacturers price is. By the way who's the other manufacturer?

FreakyFreak

MT09-Smurf

Reaction score
That's a bit pricy £150! But I guess if there are 8 cables, double that with banjos etc... But still find it pricy. Let us know what the other manufacturers price is. By the way who's the other manufacturer?

FreakyFreak
On the MT09 (TT pls confirm if poss), there's 2 rear hoses, 1 from caliper to ABS Union, as per my photo, the other from union to brake pedal.

On the front, there's 3, resovoir to Union, then down to left caliper, then over mudguard to right caliper.

All the other pipes from Union to ABS controller are already metal lines, not hoses..

Take a look at my pics on page 1 of this thread, you will see the rear setup easily.

So far prices are:

Hel performance : £149.99, free carriage, choice of colours and banjo's... Option for stealth's as well - Link Here

Goodridge : £149.95, £9 carriage, choice of colours, banjos with longer option - sorry no link, but I have the order code if anyone wants..

Looks like a set of carbon with black banjos (or gold, to match forks... Not decided yet)

Just need some kind person to fit... Nearest bike shop wants £90 plus fluid.... Cough Cough...

Oh... BTW, Luke at Goodridge is no longer with the company.... So mentioning the forum didn't get me very far...

Hope this is helpfull... Gonna see if there's any at show, doubt it, if not... Will order some next week.... Yay!

FreakyFreak

Reaction score
Thanks Smurf. When was the link available? I was the yesterday and wasn't available for the ABS version. I'm gonna order the carbon with red banjo or black. I have a Matt grey so have the silver forks.
In your opinion which is better braided line manufacturer, Hel performance or Goodridge?

FreakyFreak

FreakyFreak

Reaction score
Another thing is this kit of 5 lines for the front and rear or just the front? The site doesnt say if it is. I think this needs to be clarified before ordering

FreakyFreak

MT09-Smurf

Reaction score
Thanks Smurf. When was the link available? I was the yesterday and wasn't available for the ABS version. I'm gonna order the carbon with red banjo or black. I have a Matt grey so have the silver forks.
In your opinion which is better braided line manufacturer, Hel performance or Goodridge?

FreakyFreak
I spoke to them last night, they said website will be updated in the next day or so... So I reckon today... Hot Off The Press

As for who's better...!!! Couldn't say, the technology is the same I suppose, both supply to the racing scene and general automotive.... Speigler USA do non ABS, not listed ABS..

Only £9 difference.... Not much in it...

I believe there are a few goodridge non-abs users in this forum...maybe they could review their purchase.

Last edited:

Triple Trouble

Super Moderator
Reaction score
On the MT09 (TT pls confirm if poss), there's 2 rear hoses, 1 from caliper to ABS Union, as per my photo, the other from union to brake pedal.

On the front, there's 3, resovoir to Union, then down to left caliper, then over mudguard to right caliper.

All the other pipes from Union to ABS controller are already metal lines, not hoses..

Take a look at my pics on page 1 of this thread, you will see the rear setup easily.
Ur rite bud. That's pretty much all of them lol

marksim

Reaction score
Has anybody got any ideas if Hel are doing a race setup instead of the factory over mudguard jobby

marksim

Reaction score
No that's my fault it is abs discussion
had to many beers at bike show and just topping up back at home :rolleyes:
Went to show Weds,
there were plenty of MTs there
That Kwaka H2 sounded well,nearly as good as mine with the carbon Akra on LOL

marksim

Reaction score
Just to throw another spanner in the ABS set up
If im right that Hel are doing 5 hoses,3 for front and 2 for back
What about the other 2 rubber hoses that link together under the tank - seat.
Surely these 2 should be changed to braided aswell or theres no point in the others ?
The 2 im on about connect from the steel pipes below the headstock to the ABS unit under the rear of tank and are about 1 foot long each

MT09-Smurf

Reaction score
Just to throw another spanner in the ABS set up
If im right that Hel are doing 5 hoses,3 for front and 2 for back
What about the other 2 rubber hoses that link together under the tank - seat.
Surely these 2 should be changed to braided aswell or theres no point in the others ?
The 2 im on about connect from the steel pipes below the headstock to the ABS unit under the rear of tank and are about 1 foot long each
As far as I know, both HEL & Goodridge are 5 Lines.. Apparently that's the info from Yamaha.. I haven't removed my tank yet, but if I look under the seat where the rear hoses go to that union, beyond that there's metal pipes... So are you saying it changes again??? If so then I agree, it's pointless changing them.. Errr design error or wot!

I'm at the show Sunday, will be paying a visit to the Dark Side!