Changing the CO settings in the DIAG menu

Schultzy

Reaction score
I can tell u now it's way up over stock. The power is absolutely mental now and the snatchyness is all but none existent now

ACE CAFE MEET FRIDAY 27th JUNE @ 6pm
Great result then - has your fuel economy dropped a truckload though?

Triple Trouble

Super Moderator
Reaction score
No it's about the same. Still getting 45-48mpg in A mode nailing it everywhere lol

Schultzy

Reaction score

Nice one mate - looks like it got rid of your power dip and has given a big boost at the top end too.

Did you just run the stock PCV map or did you tweak the map further on the dyno?

I got to test out some top end action on the weekend - was going about 228kmh and it felt absolutely b@tsh!t crazy haha

Triple Trouble

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Nice one mate - looks like it got rid of your power dip and has given a big boost at the top end too.

Did you just run the stock PCV map or did you tweak the map further on the dyno?

I got to test out some top end action on the weekend - was going about 228kmh and it felt absolutely b@tsh!t crazy haha
No. TB wrote a custom map and loaded it onto the PCV for us. We ran it up and it's perfect. No fettling required at all. They got it spot on. The power and A/F dip has completely gone and the power is ridiculous.

Schultzy

Reaction score
No. TB wrote a custom map and loaded it onto the PCV for us. We ran it up and it's perfect. No fettling required at all. They got it spot on. The power and A/F dip has completely gone and the power is ridiculous.

By stock PCV map I meant the map they have on their website specifically for the TB S1R - is that the one they loaded?

Triple Trouble

Super Moderator
Reaction score
By stock PCV map I meant the map they have on their website specifically for the TB S1R - is that the one they loaded?
No it was a custom map but I dare say it's just the same as the one off the website lol

Schultzy

Reaction score
No it was a custom map but I dare say it's just the same as the one off the website lol

Thats why I asked - it is pretty hard to build a true custom map when you dont have access to someones bike and dyno! :p

They did an impressive job none the less. You keeping the pipe for a while then?

sent from my Galaxy S5 via Tapatalk

Triple Trouble

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Thats why I asked - it is pretty hard to build a true custom map when you dont have access to someones bike and dyno! :p

They did an impressive job none the less. You keeping the pipe for a while then?

sent from my Galaxy S5 via Tapatalk
It's a brilliant job. Yeah gonna keep it for a while and see how things go.

Spot

Reaction score
TT - Did you get your bike dyno'd before you had any changes done, when it was stock?

Unfortunately I had mine done after the Akra was fitted so all I can see if the difference from fitting the PCV in conjunction with the Akra and not the cumulative improvement over stock.

Just curious what the overall improvement was.

Triple Trouble

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Stock was 103bhp so gone up a shed load. Can't remember wot the ftlb was stock lol.

mt09holland

Reaction score
Just spotted an MT riding on Cheapside near Bank tube station, dark armour, one of the members on here?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Schultzy

Reaction score
OK so my long awaited dyno finally got done.

My setup for those dont know is a TB S1R, DNA air Filter, ECU West flash with fuel maps, and PCV tuned on the dyno when this was done.

Power: 118.8HP and Torque: 66ftlb at Dynotime Wangara - Russ said his dyno generally produces middle of the range numbers as compared to other dynos in the area. As expected, I didnt have major HP or torque gains when I had it tuned and dynoed as the ECU flash already contained maps - I mainly wanted the PCV to provide a constant AFR level at the 4-6K mark which this has done well - weather is crappy over here at the moment so havent been able to get a good 'bum on seat' test done yet!

isveight

Reaction score
Help

Just been into the DIAG and before I found the CO settings some other settings came up db 1 I think, these could be moved from 1 to 70, turned off and think set at 1

do you know what these are and can they be change un knowingly or un willingly

Thanks

Kinjane

Reaction score
I do it sort of like this, its kind of hard without bike in front of me though, hold the two buttons in pressed on the dash, turn on ignition, keep them pressed until the dash displays "diag", I don't remember the rest really well but it's mainly about pressing the two buttons together except for adjusting the co which is left button add co and right button take away co, you do each cylinder seperately, and once each is set you double press and hold to lock it in then release, turn off ignition to finish the whole procedure. Sort of thing.:)
Unless you double pressed, then your settings should have reverted to what they originally were.

Played with mine tonight, discovered that what you did was go from the reading for value No1 at the start and then went down straight to the end of the menu to No70.
From your post I believe all you did was read the diagnostic values for 1, then 70 then 1 again.

Last edited:

Kinjane

Reaction score
Just a random thought on why this DIAG function is present. It might be there to compensate for Ethanol in the petrol, which will slowly but surely increase as a percentage in the fuel we use in the future.

Adding Ethanol to what we know as 'petrol' results in additional leaness.

The effects of even more Ethanol being added in the future will be compensated for quite easily via the DIAG option, and reset to whatever is recommended during, I would imagine, a dealer service.

If so, it seems to me to be one way to help future proof the engines performance against this constant interference with out fuels.

M

MT account

my fz runs on gasohol but has an E10 sticker on it. i dont know what E10 consists of but in every filling station i visit the E10 pumps are way over in the corner......and unused.

Triple Trouble

Super Moderator
Reaction score
my fz runs on gasohol but has an E10 sticker on it. i dont know what E10 consists of but in every filling station i visit the E10 pumps are way over in the corner......and unused.
Do me a favour and write down wot settings uv got in the diag menu. I was flicking thru them earlier and I "mite" of inadvertently changed something lol