Changing the CO settings in the DIAG menu

Kinjane

Reaction score
In Blighty we don't get told, or seem to have any choice, fortunately there are still a few pumps arround that don't have it added. You can tell by the cologne !
Not that anyone should be sniffing anything where Benzine has been used in its production, but occasionally the wind changes direction and you catch it in the air.

M

MT account

i dont use ethanol in the MT?..........especially from wanker morrisons...............(other knobhead supermarkets are available)

GaryB

Reaction score
Hi TT - I've recently put a S1R on my MT and want to know optimum CO settings. Have you also blocked off the PAIR valve - was wandering if this effected optimum CO setting?

Triple Trouble

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Hi TT - I've recently put a S1R on my MT and want to know optimum CO settings. Have you also blocked off the PAIR valve - was wandering if this effected optimum CO setting?
14 on all 3 cylinders and pair valve open or closed doesn't make a difference. I have mine open

RogerRoger1

Reaction score
Hello guys, here's a question from Rotterdam, The Netherlands. While trying to discover how to operate the DIAG menu and changing the CO settings I might have changed some other settings like for instance "d1". Is that problem? Recently my dealer installed the official software update from Yamaha which was already a improvement but since most of you seem very thrilled with the CO on 14 I thought I give it a go.
Does anybody know some of the other settings? All I find on the internet is how to change the CO values but nothing on other settings.

ToastedBlue

Reaction score
can someone explain how to get into diagnostics mode ?

thanks

and if any of you venture into Wales on a Sunday give us a shout... Dragon Bikers - Index
we're in Brecon from 10.30 most Sundays, rain or shine, unless we go via the Black Mountains, we're an eclectic bunch though, sports, adventure and naked's

olivierzx

Reaction score
You push the 2 buttons together BEFORE turning the key ON.
You wait untill "Diag" appears on the screen and then you release the buttons.

You are in Diag mod.

Triple Trouble

Super Moderator
Reaction score
U CAN NOT change anything in the diag menu. It is for testing components ONLY. Trust me we have been through every setting in it and it can't be changed at all. It is purely for testing things like the fuel pump, headlight etc. the only thing u can physically change is the CO settings

RogerRoger1

Reaction score
U CAN NOT change anything in the diag menu. It is for testing components ONLY. Trust me we have been through every setting in it and it can't be changed at all. It is purely for testing things like the fuel pump, headlight etc. the only thing u can physically change is the CO settings
Thanks, I visited my dealer today for some changes on the bike and he told me the same thing. I must say with the CO settings on 14 the bike runs even better than the modification Yamaha has given. So again Thx for sharing that.

Triple Trouble

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Thanks, I visited my dealer today for some changes on the bike and he told me the same thing. I must say with the CO settings on 14 the bike runs even better than the modification Yamaha has given. So again Thx for sharing that.
Ur very welcome...
It does seem to be the best setting lol

PeaceMaker

Reaction score
I fitted a Akrapovic titanium without db killer..
It backfires a lot when revving the bike standing still.. like all the exhausts on this bike..

After setting the CO to 14, as suggested , I noticed the flames are bigger...
I think its normal, since I am giving it a bit more fuel..

What do you think?

Is the flamethrower on the MT-09 healthy??

Triple Trouble

Super Moderator
Reaction score
It backfires a lot when revving the bike standing still.. like all the exhausts on this bike..

What do you think?

Perfectly fine. Enjoy the fireworks

RipGroove

Reaction score

What do you think?

If you don't like the backfiring then you can either fit "block off plates" or I believe you can block off two hoses under the airbox. Either method will stop excess air being pumped into your your exhaust which will greatly reduce the backfiring.

Sent from my iPhone

PeaceMaker

Reaction score
I like the fireworks..
I actually like them a lot :D

I just don´t want to damage my bike.. she is only 600 miles old.. :p
And I did notice that since the CO has been adjusted to 14, backfire when neutral are a little bit bigger..
Could be my imagination..

Look at her.. she is only a child! :D
20150227_135440_Richtone(HDR).jpg

RipGroove

Reaction score
I like the fireworks..
I actually like them a lot :D

I just don´t want to damage my bike.. she is only 600 miles old.. :p
And I did notice that since the CO has been adjusted to 14, backfire when neutral are a little bit bigger..
Could be my imagination..

Look at her.. she is only a child! :D
View attachment 2830
Yeah I kinda like it too but I'm going to blank off the hoses as all the backfiring really means is the bike is not fuelling properly.

Sent from my iPhone

PeaceMaker

Reaction score
Yeah I kinda like it too but I'm going to blank off the hoses as all the backfiring really means is the bike is not fuelling properly.

Sent from my iPhone
I´ve read that the backfire is caused by the air being forced into the exhaust, not that the bike is not correctly tuned.
If you install the blanking plates, you don´t change the fueling at all..