Changing the CO settings in the DIAG menu

Colton123

Reaction score
I have the akro on mine and still running it in so is 14 ok to set it to . Or does it void warranty if anything happens ? When I trottle off it pops and rumbles is this normal.

Triple Trouble

Super Moderator
Reaction score
I have the akro on mine and still running it in so is 14 ok to set it to . Or does it void warranty if anything happens ? When I trottle off it pops and rumbles is this normal.
It's perfectly fine to change to 14. It won't void anything. Popping and rumbles are more noticeable with the Akrapovič with the roll off and it's completely fine.

MT-09. Wheelie Wheelie Mental..!

Chipfatbob

Reaction score
I checked mine and they were set at 1=10, 2=5, 3=10. I've re-set them all to 14. Is there any reason/benefit to those numbers being on a factory stock/brand new bike? Is it an oversight from the factory or would the dealer have been fiddling?

Triple Trouble

Super Moderator
Reaction score
I checked mine and they were set at 1=10, 2=5, 3=10. I've re-set them all to 14. Is there any reason/benefit to those numbers being on a factory stock/brand new bike? Is it an oversight from the factory or would the dealer have been fiddling?
Cud of been dealer. Who knows. At least it's been changed...

Chipfatbob

Reaction score
Did you notice any difference when you rode it after you changed it ?
I did. Took from Gloucester to the Brecons for a spin, last night. Perfect evening. I stopped at various points to try different levels and I'm happiest with 14 (stock exhaust) the difference in 'B' is negligible but in 'A' it's remarkable. Throttle much less snatchy at low end and the smoothness when rolling on is significantly better. As long as the are no detrimental long-term effects (and why would Yamaha allow this kind of flexibility in the setup if there were.....) this is where my settings will stay. If it hadn't been for this thread, I'd probably never have known :)

RipGroove

Reaction score
I did. Took from Gloucester to the Brecons for a spin, last night. Perfect evening. I stopped at various points to try different levels and I'm happiest with 14 (stock exhaust) the difference in 'B' is negligible but in 'A' it's remarkable. Throttle much less snatchy at low end and the smoothness when rolling on is significantly better. As long as the are no detrimental long-term effects (and why would Yamaha allow this kind of flexibility in the setup if there were.....) this is where my settings will stay. If it hadn't been for this thread, I'd probably never have known :)
I did Gloucester to Brecon on Sat afternoon :)

Sent from outer space

stunva

Reaction score
I done the 1/8th mile drags on the weekend and fiddled with the CO settings to see if it made any difference in that environment and settled on 9 as optimum for the drags. That's with a stock can and filter though.

guidow

Reaction score
not sure if I did this correctly but I can set my mt-09 (dutch) CO settings way higher than 14. It goes into triple digits.. Set them to 14 though. Did not have a chance to go for a ride yet.

Is 14 supposed to be the maximum setting?

Cheers

Last edited:

Triple Trouble

Super Moderator
Reaction score
not sure if I did this correctly but I can set my mt-09 (dutch) CO settings way higher than 14. It goes into triple digits.. Set them to 14 though. Did not have a chance to go for a ride yet.

Is 14 the max?

Cheers
I believe it goes all the way up to 125

guidow

Reaction score
Engine runs at 90 degrees instead of it's usual 80. A mode is more controllable. I am turning it down a bit though. Every traffic light I was hitting 106 degrees.

Triple Trouble

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Engine runs at 90 degrees instead of it's usual 80. A mode is more controllable. I am turning it down a bit though. Every traffic light I was hitting 106 degrees.
Not sure wot this post had to do with CO settings??

MT-09. Wheelie Wheelie Mental

Triple Trouble

Super Moderator
Reaction score
exactly. The engine runs hotter then it used to
Ok. I must be the exception to the rule then as mine runs at around 85-90 degrees. Sometimes in very hot weather (obviously no that much due to good old British weather)! it will get to about 98-100 but very rarely.

Locksmith

Reaction score
I changed mine to 14 before I even threw a leg over the saddle. No idea what it would have gone like at 0's :)

Schultzy

Reaction score
Ok. I must be the exception to the rule then as mine runs at around 85-90 degrees. Sometimes in very hot weather (obviously no that much due to good old British weather)! it will get to about 98-100 but very rarely.

Nope, mines the same - it definately dropped a few degrees when I changed it.

Triple Trouble

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Nope, mines the same - it definately dropped a few degrees when I changed it.
I'm wondering if it's got something to do with Two Brothers as well.

*Side note for Schultzy*

Two Brothers have sent us a PCV with a custom map loaded onto it for the S1R. Gonna be really interested to see wot the performance etc is like. We will be fettling it over the nxt few weeks.

Schultzy

Reaction score
I'm wondering if it's got something to do with Two Brothers as well.

*Side note for Schultzy*

Two Brothers have sent us a PCV with a custom map loaded onto it for the S1R. Gonna be really interested to see wot the performance etc is like. We will be fettling it over the nxt few weeks.

Thought you werent keen on a PCV - you keeping the TB then?

Really keen to hear how that goes!

Im also getting a PCV (pretty much free might I add woop woop!) so am going to get it on a dyno in a month or two to see what it does - lets compare notes when its all done :)