Dealer ecu flash

W8ENN

Reaction score
Has anyone dyno'd before and after the Yamaha flash?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

paulrab

Reaction score
Any more news on the revised yam flash?
Spoke to my dealer and they know nothing about it!
Loosing a bit of faith & patience about the whole situation now.
Why haven't we heard from any unhappy recipients of the re map?
It would be a bit odd if all forum members were happy with the upgraded,
and all non members were not!!
All this points to simon being the go to man for a flash!!
Hey TT is your mates dealership the only place it can get done?
How often is he there?
Cheers.

misscrabstick

Reaction score
Any more news on the revised yam flash?
Spoke to my dealer and they know nothing about it!
Loosing a bit of faith & patience about the whole situation now.
Why haven't we heard from any unhappy recipients of the re map?
It would be a bit odd if all forum members were happy with the upgraded,
and all non members were not!!
All this points to simon being the go to man for a flash!!
Hey TT is your mates dealership the only place it can get done?
How often is he there?
Cheers.
If your dealer knows nothing then it is because they have very poor housekeeping skills, or they are lying, call yamaha customer service and grass them up for being cockwombles. TT's update is done by some bloke he knows and is "unofficial", it does a lot more than the Yamaha provided flash, I have had the Yamaha flash done, STD mode is smoother, that's all, a lot of the perceived success will depend on where you live and how you ride your bike, city dwellers are going to notice the change a lot more.

rob5006

Reaction score
'Cockwomble'... Like that one. Currently using 'Fucktard'...might borrow it for a while as a new putdown!

Triple Trouble

Super Moderator
Reaction score
If your dealer knows nothing then it is because they have very poor housekeeping skills, or they are lying, call yamaha customer service and grass them up for being cockwombles. TT's update is done by some bloke he knows and is "unofficial", it does a lot more than the Yamaha provided flash, I have had the Yamaha flash done, STD mode is smoother, that's all, a lot of the perceived success will depend on where you live and how you ride your bike, city dwellers are going to notice the change a lot more.
Ur very rite. Simon has nothing to do with my Yamaha dealership mate. Simon is friends with Dave Coates and comes with more credentials than a bachelor of science lol. If u want this flash done just get in touch. Everyone who has had this done has rated it very highly and have had nothing but praise for it

paulrab

Reaction score
If your dealer knows nothing then it is because they have very poor housekeeping skills, or they are lying, call yamaha customer service and grass them up for being cockwombles. TT's update is done by some bloke he knows and is "unofficial", it does a lot more than the Yamaha provided flash, .
Sorry if i didn't make myself clear,but i was asking about the 2nd gen NEW map that has been talked about recently.
My dealer is well aware of the first re map that Yam has been offering for the past few months, but knows nothing of the superseded flash that has been mentioned in this thread,just wondered if anyone had more info on it.
I know Simon's flash is "unofficial" and that he doesn't work for Yam at pro-bike, i mistakenly thought he "borrowed" the pro -bike workshop. Where is he based TT?
Oh yeah, loving the use of "cockwomble"!!

Last edited:

misscrabstick

Reaction score
The second Yamaha flash seems to be just a rumour so far, I have not heard of anyone having it done, if anyone knows about there being one available it would be TT I would think as he is very matey with a Dealer.

rob5006

Reaction score
The second Yamaha flash seems to be just a rumour so far, I have not heard of anyone having it done, if anyone knows about there being one available it would be TT I would think as he is very matey with a Dealer.
Don't think there is anything to gain from a second re-flash from Yamaha. The latest one suits me fine...smooth, fast, and bags of fun. Anything more can only be gained from the after-market flash....sounds like a rumour generated by a 'cock womble' lol

flipper

Reaction score
s'funny. when I had the flash done it seemed great but today I took the bike out for the first time in a couple of weeks and still caught me out coming off a closed throttle.

rob5006

Reaction score
Still have my throttle tamer and DNA air filter on mine and the Yam.flash...silky smooth...!

MT09-Smurf

Reaction score
Mentioned this 'New Flash' to my dealer, he knows absolutely nothing... And hasn't had any complaints at all.

Locksmith

Reaction score
He doesn't want to purchase the over priced kit to perform the flash!

Ask him about the headlamp wire recall? Bet he's doing them!