Dealer ecu flash

rob5006

Reaction score
Hi Colton123, dropping mine in today, being done Tuesday, who did yours?

My dealer did one last week and took it out in B Mode, reckon there wasn't any difference... Not a conclusive test really... I'm doing mine on the good reports so far in this forum... I'll keep you all posted, but it will be with them until Friday as I'm working away..
The B mode before and after re-map are exactly the same....smooth. The dealer must be some kind of Fuckwit not to test it in STD and A mode where the re-map testing would give more definitive results....he may as well just have kicked the tyres to test the pressures as well!

Milo Minderbinder

Reaction score
Had mine done this morning, so first impressions: There is not a huge difference, which is a good thing, the bike still retains its character, the power and torque haven't been softened and it's still a beast if you want it to be. The real difference is on the initial opening of the throttle, noticeable in town and more importantly in the twisties. The jerkiness has been smoothed out. I think this makes for a big improvement in the ride quality. Very pleased so far.

Colton123

Reaction score
Well had the bike back today standard is mint but B and A are awful jerking all the time. Not happy at all love the bike to bits and don't want to get rid off it so looks like a am going to have to go down the root of rolling road and power commander. Just don't understand how the new map is ok on some bikes but not on others.

rob5006

Reaction score
Well had the bike back today standard is mint but B and A are awful jerking all the time. Not happy at all love the bike to bits and don't want to get rid off it so looks like a am going to have to go down the root of rolling road and power commander. Just don't understand how the new map is ok on some bikes but not on others.
Have you interfered with your co settings....maybe the software was not down loaded properly....something not right somewhere!

Triple Trouble

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Just or info....! The software can only be downloaded one way... It either works or it won't load/update...!
Wot system do u cave on there at the moment?

flydnb

Reaction score
Just or info....! The software can only be downloaded one way... It either works or it won't load/update...!
Wot system do u cave on there at the moment?
have you tried to load over the yammy update with simons or is it locked out completely ?

MT09-Smurf

Reaction score
Had it done at Cannock cmc mate on my way to get it let u now later how it is.
I know the one, been in there a few times, looked at the MT07 in there.... But wanted the 09, in Deep Armour, but waiting list was huge (October)... So went elsewhere, 7 days later.....

Colton123

Reaction score
Have not changed any settings on co have the original akra on it TT . Just come off the phone from them having the bike back tomorrow and then getting in touch with yamaha to see what they can do . Feel like I am being messed about by them and 2 other members off here are also not happy with cmc cannock attitude . As said love the bike to bits so just want it sorted . On the up side spoke to a lad who races bikes and recommend a place in Cannock for rolling road so might have to go down that root.

MT09-Smurf

Reaction score
That's not good... If it's the same with mine, then Simons Flash is the way to go I think, or I might cancel it and do Simons anyway!

Have you altered the settings at all, mines still bog std.

Triple Trouble

Super Moderator
Reaction score
have you tried to load over the yammy update with simons or is it locked out completely ?
At the moment if we flash an ECU that has already been flashed by Yamaha it will just put it back to standard...! (We believe, yet to test the theory)! Lol.
The only other way wud be to physically cut it open to get at it....!

Triple Trouble

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Have not changed any settings on co have the original akra on it TT . Just come off the phone from them having the bike back tomorrow and then getting in touch with yamaha to see what they can do . Feel like I am being messed about by them and 2 other members off here are also not happy with cmc cannock attitude . As said love the bike to bits so just want it sorted . On the up side spoke to a lad who races bikes and recommend a place in Cannock for rolling road so might have to go down that root.
I have a two brothers zorst and PCV for sale if ur interested. All the dyno work has been done on it already so it's just a matter of fitting it....!

flydnb

Reaction score
Im glad i havent had the yammy flash now and to be honest i dont mind the throttle response anyway .

MT09-Smurf

Reaction score
So, is it best to avoid? I did speak to my dealer who said there's been no bad reports directly to them..

Colton123

Reaction score
Thanks TT want to stick with the akra see what yamaha say first. All I can say Mt09-smurf is that it has not worked on mine.

jambocool

Reaction score
Has anyone in Australia had this reflash done?
Yep.
Got mine done about 2 weeks ago at BikeBiz in Parramatta (Sydney).
I think I was one of the first other than the demo bike to get done. So I got to test the demo before getting it done to mine.

But I'm real happy with the new flash. Much smoother on and off the throttle, and this was very apparent on Saturday when I had a track day at Eastern Creek.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

W8ENN

Reaction score
Does the power still kick in the same?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk