Dealer ecu flash

Jim_Royle

Reaction score
I'm in Melbourne waiting for City Yam to train the mechanic. He was sent to Sydney to learn how to do it.

jambocool

Reaction score
Does the power still kick in the same?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Yeah I think so.
There has only really been once when out on the street that I gave the throttle a bit of a blip, and the power wasn't quite as immediate/brutal as I was expecting/had gotten used to.? Kinda took a second for the power to come on?

But I'm still happy. Makes all the fun twisty stuff easier/better (as I can be much smoother now), and not have to take it into B mode for all the slow hairpin stuff.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MT09-Smurf

Reaction score
Have not changed any settings on co have the original akra on it TT . Just come off the phone from them having the bike back tomorrow and then getting in touch with yamaha to see what they can do . Feel like I am being messed about by them and 2 other members off here are also not happy with cmc cannock attitude . As said love the bike to bits so just want it sorted . On the up side spoke to a lad who races bikes and recommend a place in Cannock for rolling road so might have to go down that root.
Hi colton123, did you successfully get CMC to do anything???

Get my baby back in the morning.... Can't wait!

Last edited:

Colton123

Reaction score
Hi mt-smurf where have u had yours done? No mate had the bike a week now every day they say have not had chance to look at it. Well pissed off now going in Saturday to crack some heads. Even rang yamaha uk they are not bothered eather. Think a am going to go for power commander and rolling road if I get now joy.

rob5006

Reaction score
Hi mt-smurf where have u had yours done? No mate had the bike a week now every day they say have not had chance to look at it. Well pissed off now going in Saturday to crack some heads. Even rang yamaha uk they are not bothered eather. Think a am going to go for power commander and rolling road if I get now joy.
Sounds like one really crap Dealer....!

MT09-Smurf

Reaction score
Hi colton123, Motorcycle mart in Kidderminster, I'm picking it up in a few hours, if mines the same then Straight to Simon it will go... Will cost a lot cheaper than PCV.

Keep u posted on how mines gone... Looks like getting the wets out, not sunny here today.

Locksmith

Reaction score
With all bar one really liking it, you would have to assume that Coltons flash has gone a bit pear shaped. You'd think the least the dealer would do is try it again.

Triple Trouble

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Hi colton123, Motorcycle mart in Kidderminster, I'm picking it up in a few hours, if mines the same then Straight to Simon it will go... Will cost a lot cheaper than PCV.

Keep u posted on how mines gone... Looks like getting the wets out, not sunny here today.
If u get the Yamaha flash we can not re flash it as it will just wipe the flash straight off and that won't be good lol

Locksmith

Reaction score
Triple, Can Simons flash be re-flashed?
I presume yes as you've had multiple works done!

MT09-Smurf

Reaction score
Has Simons flash been attempted on a yam Re-flash.? Or is it an assumption that it wipes, I thought that when an ECU firmware is flashed then it 'replaces' the existing!

Triple Trouble

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Triple, Can Simons flash be re-flashed?
I presume yes as you've had multiple works done!
We can flash it as many times as u like. It can also be tailored to ur exact needs/requirements. If u dont want everything done or u just want the restrictors taken off or reduced engine braking...we can do wotever u want

Triple Trouble

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Has Simons flash been attempted on a yam Re-flash.? Or is it an assumption that it wipes, I thought that when an ECU firmware is flashed then it 'replaces' the existing!
No it hasn't been attempted "yet" but flashtune who crack these ECU's say it will wipe it and may render it useless.
No u can't put one flash on the ECU without first flashing it back to the original Yamaha flash as found out the other day...!

Locksmith

Reaction score
There's obviously a hell of a lot more to this flashing malarkey than one would think :eek:

MT09-Smurf

Reaction score
Picked mine up after 1st Service and ECU flash, looks like no issues for me, sorry Colton123.

Finding it great, All Modes are a lot smoother and predictable. Been using A Mode, in the wet, testing more on slow tight corners and them stupid circle things... Roundabouts they call em! I had so much more confidence!

Can't wait to have a nice dry day, like it's been all week. Damn you English weather!

paulrab

Reaction score
Just got off the phone from the dealers,who had the yamaha rep in yesterday and according to the yamaha technical department you can flash over the new yam re map! !.
Seems like there is a bit of confusion about this.

Triple Trouble

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Just got off the phone from the dealers,who had the yamaha rep in yesterday and according to the yamaha technical department you can flash over the new yam re map! !.
Seems like there is a bit of confusion about this.
Ok so who's gonna be brave enuf to get the Yamaha flash done on their bike and bring it here so we can re-flash it?