My Toy
Russel Brook
dave69
MT-Pete
widds
Milo Minderbinder
Jambocool
MT09-Smurf

Colton123 ish't satisfied and maybe they didh't flash his bike... (liar mechanic)
flydnb tried the flash on a demo.... and he didn't like

All the other are waiting.... for what???
Mines been flashed for a month now....No regrets, Bends, Twists, corners, all smoother and fast.
.Loving it!

mtmarcel

Reaction score
I have sent an email to my dealer here in Hobart, Tasmania and they know nothing about a ECU remap.

RipGroove

Reaction score
So in conclusion...

All the other are waiting.... for what???
I keep thinking about a dealer or aftermarket flash but then I go out on the bike and don't feel the need. Currently have a G2 and an EJK fitted so it's pretty smooth now. So currently I'm thinking "if it ain't broke etc"

Sent from my iPhone

mtmarcel

Reaction score
Did someone get the remap done here in Australia?

Can that someone give me dealers name so I can give my dealer here in Hobart a lead.

Thanks!

Triple Trouble

Super Moderator
Reaction score
I keep thinking about a dealer or aftermarket flash but then I go out on the bike and don't feel the need. Currently have a G2 and an EJK fitted so it's pretty smooth now. So currently I'm thinking "if it ain't broke etc"

Sent from my iPhone
U cud still get the aftermarket flash and keep ur current map settings etc but unlock all the goodies that come with it and of course you can always flash it back to standard if u want unlike the yamaha map or even load a custom map on to ur ecu. The possibilities are endless lol

jambocool

Reaction score

Can that someone give me dealers name so I can give my dealer here in Hobart a lead.

Thanks!
Hey mate.

I had mine done at BikeBiz in Parramatta NSW a few weeks ago now..
If they are unsure maybe get them to give Phil in the service department there a call ( 02 88 300 511) he had all the info (also owns an MT-09 himself) and was probably going to flash his bikes ECU after having a ride of mine.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mtmarcel

Reaction score
I sent Yamaha Australia a email last night.

This morning they replied, there is a remap available.
The dealer can download it.

Bit worried now to have my bike serviced at that dealer.
Unfortunately the dealer where I bought the bike is a 4 hour ride.

Thanks Jambocool.

Cheer
Marcel

misscrabstick

Reaction score
So mine has been done now, I can't feel much difference really, BUT I ride other carb'd bikes with very well set up carburettors and all are very smooth compared to the FI of the MT anyway.

motorcycleboy

Reaction score
Lagonisi Athens Greece, 37,5km from the city cente
I keep thinking about a dealer or aftermarket flash but then I go out on the bike and don't feel the need.. So currently I'm thinking "if it ain't broke etc"

Sent from my iPhone
I 've done the same thoughts... till today there isn't any MT-09 here that had flashed ECU with new remap.
Even mechanics who owned the bike said: "why to destroy my bike's attitude.?"
I feel so confused... more than 10 owners from UK & Australia are OK.... some "happy", some "excited"...
In Colton"s 123 case the "placebo effect" didn't work (liar mechanic.. sic).
Today, there isn't even any demo-mt-09 out.
Yamaha had sell all... new bikes, demo bikes,, there isn't one for sale..
They import some bikes that allready are "prepayed" from customers.
So, i don't have the opportunity to test-ride an "updated" MT-09... for the moment.
If i'll do the update, as i said before, i'll be the first hellenic laboratory animal or Guinea pig.. (choose every word you like..).

Mordechaivanunu

Reaction score

Thanks!
Mine is being done by Causeway yamaha Perth on Tuesday 7th October unless 5 star yamaha can do it sooner

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Colton123

Reaction score
Yamaha said today they is nothing they can do or are willing to do to help me . That's good service being a first time yamaha buyer and cmc Cannock are saying there hands are tied so a will be speaking to the manager in the morning about getting my money back. Going to get in touch with my solicitor also to see where I stand.

Triple Trouble

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Yamaha said today they is nothing they can do or are willing to do to help me . That's good service being a first time yamaha buyer and cmc Cannock are saying there hands are tied so a will be speaking to the manager in the morning about getting my money back. Going to get in touch with my solicitor also to see where I stand.
Dude if u email all the details I will have a chat to my mate (the yamaha dealership owner)! and find out wot can be done and how to go about it if u like?

MT09-Smurf

Reaction score
That's terrible, really don't know what to say! Anyone got any ideas. Sure this comes under product warranty.... Out of interest, did you pay any of the deposit on a credit card, £100 plus.....

under section 75, any product purchased, whether it's a deposit or in full carries a full refund option if the payment is £100 or over..... I always pay on credit card.... Then pay off in full... Section 75 is great protection against anything.

Last edited:

Colton123

Reaction score
Cheers TT will take any help I can get did not pay a deposit mate put cash down and a little finance . Fuming tho the service u get is shit but cmc can only do so much. They said I could trade it in and loose a chunk of money but no way I am doing that . They also said I could take the bike away but admit it has a fault and I am not doing that either.

rob5006

Reaction score
I'm sure that you are protected under the warranty. Could always get in touch with 'Watchdog' at the BBC. They love turning the screws on bad practice!

flydnb

Reaction score
Was like it before the flash mate. They said they have flashed it again and still the same but had the bike a week and I always have to ring them to find out what's going on new something was wrong with it not running right . But they kept saying they had been out on it and it was fine but finally admitted today there was something with it . Phoned another dealer today they said cmc should try another ecu on it but will let u now how I get on with them in the week. Seems to me they have had my money and now are not really bothered about it . So if anyone is thinking about buying a bike off CMC Cannock Don't bother .
if your bike is in warranty they are obliged to mend anything that is not things like tyres brake pads or chain and sprockets which have wear and tear clauses , I would be demanding anything else is fixed pronto.

Colton123

Reaction score
Will see what the manager says tomorrow just had the recall for the head light as well. As said before don't want to get rid off the bike but might have no choice if they are not prepared to do anything about it.

flydnb

Reaction score
Will see what the manager says tomorrow just had the recall for the head light as well. As said before don't want to get rid off the bike but might have no choice if they are not prepared to do anything about it.
they have to mate by law

Jim_Royle

Reaction score
Just got it done

Just got my Oz delivered MT flashed at City Yamaha. It's not as dramatic as I thought. B and A mode seem unchanged. STD is now smack in between where it should have been. Mind you the difference is only in the first (small) bit of throttle rotation. STD is still as exciting as you might want.

For me the win is in getting through the traffic on the way to work. B mode gets boring and STD as it was got fatiguing. So it's good! City Yam have done 5 to universal satisfaction.

If you live in the country then the reflash may be irrelevant although I did give it a bit in a corner and got the front a bit light on the ground. I probably would not have dared to do that before.