Dealer ecu flash

Deep Armour Swede

Reaction score
Ok! Not any in sweden have mention Flashtune.

Seems like they are doing almost the same thing? And i get this reflash for free so i'm not complaining :)

Last edited:

Triple Trouble

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Ok! Not any in sweden have mention Flashtune.

Seems like they are doing almost the same thing? And i get this reflash for free so i'm not complaining :)
I expect ull only get it flashed for free once. We can flash multiple times. Can they load exhaust specific maps direct onto ur ECU as well?

Deep Armour Swede

Reaction score
Yes i'll get it once, and i don't know what the can do more. I,m just glad they remove the rpm limiter and make the bike don't run too lean, specially when it's time to put on aftermarket exhaust.

Triple Trouble

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Yes i'll get it once, and i don't know what the can do more. I,m just glad they remove the rpm limiter and make the bike don't run too lean, specially when it's time to put on aftermarket exhaust.
Wot about starting up in A mode, reducing the engine breaking, AIS, fan temp? Can u get any of that done as well?

Deep Armour Swede

Reaction score
Reducing the engine breaking is done to, but i don't know if starting in A-mode, AIS and fan temp is done?

MT09-Smurf

Reaction score
Had mine dun at yam dealer.... I have to admit, it's changed the bike, for the better, but... After reading the success of Simons, I wish I had waited and had that done instead.... Loads more goodies on offer....

flipper

Reaction score
Had mine done the other week with the first service. Certainly tames the off closed throttle response. Very happy with it.

Jim_Royle

Reaction score
1 week in

Well after one week with the Yam reflash I am liking it even more. Hacking thru' traffic is now a breeze. The difference is subtle at first but after a time it really impresses how they tamed the first bit of throttle yet it seamlessly mates up with the raunchy bit after that. The bike now has the best of both worlds.

sl100

Reaction score
I had to sign up just to add another positive report. Its like a new bike ;) I cant believe they got it so wrong the first time and so right with the reflash. Bloody happy :D

motorcycleboy

Reaction score
Lagonisi Athens Greece, 37,5km from the city cente
So today i did the front light cable recall, the old one wasn't cut in mine, but i hadn't done the ECU update cause i'm afraid not to ruin the character of the bike.
The mechanic insists not to do it... and told me that Yamaha is working on a "new project ecu remap update" that will be something between the old one (mine) and the present (yamaha remap).
Instead of the remap i put a DNA filter into the airbox, just to make my fuel mix reacher adding more air...
The bike is now more torquey but the snatchiness remain about the same (not placebo syndrome).
Also i put Philips led bulps and Philips H4 extreme vision lamp...
Now i have to meet the Yamaha Technical Director to ride his own bike which has the "update"...
Also i ride the MT-07...... which is nice in heavy traffic conditions and nowhere else:(

Locksmith

Reaction score
But everyone is saying how good the update is !

Are Yamaha really working on a version 2 update or could it be a Greek based tuner (like the UK's Simon) is working on a Flash?

Triple Trouble

Super Moderator
Reaction score
I'm afraid he's rite. Some people have indeed complained about the flash so yamaha are in the process of doin one. If u can believe the guys at yamaha UK anyway lol