Dealer ecu flash

Locksmith

Reaction score
I'm afraid he's rite. Some people have indeed complained about the flash so yamaha are in the process of doin one. If u can believe the guys at yamaha UK anyway lol
FFS this is beyond funny now.

Considering just about everyone likes the flash, what do Yamaha think is wrong with it?

TT, can your pal tell us anything more?

AND if the original re- flash is non-reversible what happens there!

Last edited:

Triple Trouble

Super Moderator
Reaction score
FFS this is beyond funny now.

Considering just about everyone likes the flash, what do Yamaha think is wrong with it?

TT, can your pal tell us anything more?

AND if the flash is non-reversible what happens there!
Rumour has it... Not everyone is happy with the flash. Don't forget....not everyone who ownes an MT is a registered member on this forum. There are a fair few thousand of them. Also...not everyone on here has admitted to having it done or if they even like it (none of which I'm really interested in)!
Also there has been a considerable amount of dealers (worldwide) Who have either refused to do the flash or expressed a dislike in it due to the uncertainty and the fact that many people don't think it needs doing "forum syndrome comes to mind"!

Obviously this is all just rumours lol

Triple Trouble

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Is it still non-reversible if you're willing to pay for the 2nd generation flash?
We're still yet to find a willing candidate but we think that if we flash an already flashed ECU it will just revert it back to the standard ECU flash and then we cud flash it with our aftermarket flash. The downside wud be that if u didn't then like it (wots not to like lol)! u cudnt then go back to yamaha for their flash as u wud be recorded as already having it done.

Impostor1981

Reaction score
Fxck the flash, learn to ride it or buy fz8 :p. Obviously mt09 is for real man lol.

flydnb

Reaction score
Fxck the flash, learn to ride it or buy fz8 :p. Obviously mt09 is for real man lol.
agreed mate i'm on original settings, I dont want the yammy flash, the only flash i'm interested in is one that gives more power or a flash from a bloke in a long dirty coat.

Triple Trouble

Super Moderator
Reaction score
agreed mate i'm on original settings, I dont want the yammy flash, the only flash i'm interested in is one that gives more power or a flash from a bloke in a long dirty coat.
lol where did I put my coat.

Seriously tho. Can certainly provide u with a 134bhp+ flash

Kinjane

Reaction score
I was talking about the 1st generation Yamaha flash being non-reversible - ie Do things move into a different ball park at the Yamaha dealership if you're willing to pay for the upgraded upgrade?

The only thing I dislike about the original Map (other than engine braking which I've already reduced) is the noticable dip in low end power which is because of Yamaha having to comply with the EU emissions test.

Triple Trouble

Super Moderator
Reaction score
I was talking about the 1st generation Yamaha flash being non-reversible - ie Do things move into a different ball park at the Yamaha dealership if you're willing to pay for the upgraded upgrade?

The only thing I dislike about the original Map (other than engine braking which I've already reduced) is the noticable dip in low end power which is because of Yamaha having to comply with the EU emissions test.
It's not yamaha doing the upgraded upgrade. I was also talking about the 1st gen flash. Take a look at the "aftermarket ECU flash" it explains everything

Jay Cee

Reaction score
Hey guys just got back from the workshop had the ecu done as far as I can tell its done the job, not really much in A mode, B mode is soft and smooth as before std mode seems the best of both and is smooth but plenty of power to play with.

So far I am happy with it.

motorcycleboy

Reaction score
Lagonisi Athens Greece, 37,5km from the city cente
I was talking about the 1st generation Yamaha flash being non-reversible

Well, in my case the DNA filter i put yesterday has soften the "snatchyness" in STD & A modes about 50% and the dip that you mentioned around 3.500-4000 rpm is now not noticeable.
I think that happened from the torque increasement.
My bike has now 8.750 km and is completely stock... i haven't touch even the CO settings and i'm waiting to do it at 10.000km service on the fuel injection synchronization...
Yesterday it was so early to understand if the filter helps on snatchiness reduce, but today -after some tests on A & STD- i must say that there isn't neccesary to do the remap.
After i rode MT-07, the mechanic told me that the power in low rpm -after the remap update- wiill be similar to 07.
MT-07 has no snatchiness, no power, lot of vibrations and reminds me the old Honda XLS185... easy to ride but no fun.
Sorry mates... but i feel lucky.
Of course IF i do a test ride and like the updated demo-bike i'll take the same way as many mates from our forum.
But my MT-09 don't really bothers me as it is... though i suggest to anyone first to try a dna filter.