G2 Throttle Tamer Info & Review

RipGroove

Reaction score
"The G2 part number they should send you will be: 40-4Y-136Y"

I ordered the same FZ8 11/12 but the confirmation email states:

G2 Street Tamer Throttle Tube (#40-4y-130-5)
Make: Yamaha,
Model: FZ8 ('11 - '12)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Send them a quick email as I think that part number is for the FZ1 & FZ6. They are very helpful people, email here: [email protected] From what I can gather they seem a bit messed up with their numbers, as in they can have different numbers even for the same bike. Worth giving them a quick email though to be sure.

mt09holland

Reaction score
I was waiting for this review for weeks as it seems like the perfect solution for me!

Anyway I'm on my own in Holland anyway ;-)

RipGroove

Reaction score
Right, hold off on buying one as my confirmation email shows one part number and my packaging shows another. Will get this cleared up asap for you.

Triple Trouble

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Right, hold off on buying one as my confirmation email shows one part number and my packaging shows another. Will get this cleared up asap for you.
Nooooo the group buy curse strikes again. Damn u MT account lol ;)

ACE CAFE MEET FRIDAY 27th JUNE @ 6pm

RipGroove

Reaction score
OK, Yamaha throttle grip part numbers:

2011 FZ8: 4YR-26240-02
2012 FZ8: 4YR-26240-02

Those are both the same as the MT-09.

So it is deffo the '11-'12 FZ8 G2 that you want to order. Just very odd that the instructions that came with mine show that I've received:

FZ8 '11-'12 # 40-4Y-136Y

yet my confirmation email shows I ordered

FZ6 '04-'12 #40-4y-130-3

I'll email them ASAP to see what they actually sent me but as above its deffo FZ8 '11-'12 that matches the MT09's throttle.

Just email them and make sure they are sending you one that fits the FZ8 and all will be fine. Will let you know when I get a reply questioning the reason for the inaccurate confirmation email.

Last edited:

mt09holland

Reaction score
I will also post here once I received a reply from G2. Fingers crossed!

RipGroove

Reaction score
Cool, it won't affect your order as they took a day or two to process mine so should easily get a reply before they send it out.

Twozup

Reaction score
I see your thinking but the tamer only really affets the intial roll on so after you've got that out of the way you still get that good kick in the ass as normal.

Sent from outer space
Is it like that for half the throttle opening in A though?
Or is it just the initial first few mm that's been dulled?

Sent from my mind using my fingers

RipGroove

Reaction score
Bit more digging and:

2011 FZ8: 4YR-26240-02
2012 FZ8: 4YR-26240-02
2007 FZ6: 4YR-26240-02
2012 FZ1: 4YR-26240-02

So it doesn't actually matter which one you order, they are all the same part with the same cam. I'm guessing that they just send out whatever they have in stock regardless of what you order.

Also I see on my instructions that the tube they've sent me fits:

R1 99-13
R6 99-12
FZ1 01-13
FZ6 04-13
FZ8 11-13
V-Max 09-12

So as long as you order any of the above you'll be fine :)

I think the problem is although all the bikes above use the same part exactly, for some reason G2 have a different part number for each one, probably so they can monitor stock levels maybe.

Last edited:

RipGroove

Reaction score
Is it like that for half the throttle opening in A though?
Or is it just the initial first few mm that's been dulled?

Sent from my mind using my fingers
The first few mm have been tamed down, then it just ramps straight back up to normal, the unknown is whether the 'ramp' part of the new throttle matches that of the stock throttle. Technically speaking it should be duller until it reaches the stock diameter but I didn't notice it being any duller at all as all I had to do was move my wrist a few more mm to get the big rush. For example, say with the stock throttle you get the big rush after opening it 10mm, with the tamer you'd have to open it 13mm. Yes its a little further round BUT if you move your wrist just a little quicker you're still getting there at the same time. Movement around the throttle and time are two different things. If you could only ever open your throttle at a set given speed then yes it would take longer to get there and would feel duller, but its all in your wrist, that big rush is still there and still at the same time, you just have to move your wrist a little quicker to get it. If you get what I mean?

mt09holland

Reaction score
I think the problem is although all the bikes above use the same part exactly, for some reason G2 have a different part number for each one, probably so they can monitor stock levels maybe.[/QUOTE]

That must be it indeed! Thanks for sharing!

RipGroove

Reaction score
That must be it indeed! Thanks for sharing!

I should be able to confirm this when they get back to me, with the time difference I'm guessing I'll get a reply Monday evening/Tuesday.

Sent from outer space

mt09holland

Reaction score
From Gary at G2:

"Sorry for the confusion with this order. We have made a change to this a few years ago to a shorter (130mm) tube. So in truth, the throttle for the FZ8 should be 130mm in length with a 400Y cam. If you receive something different, please let me know!

Again, very sorry for the confusion!"

RipGroove

Reaction score
From Gary at G2:

"Sorry for the confusion with this order. We have made a change to this a few years ago to a shorter (130mm) tube. So in truth, the throttle for the FZ8 should be 130mm in length with a 400Y cam. If you receive something different, please let me know!

Again, very sorry for the confusion!"

Am also talking to them now trying to get some clarification as to what is what, will post back when its all sorted.

Sent from outer space

G2 Gary

Reaction score
Sorry if you guys consider this a SPAM, but I wanted to try and clear up any confusion! First, I apologize for our late start in confirming the FZ-09 application (and also my ignorance that this model is an MT-09 on your side of the pond!). The part number for this model is 40-4Y-130. HOWEVER, the previous part number was 40-4Y-136, before we decided to shorten the tube to 130mm to best match OEM Yamaha. In addition, our web shopping cart incorporates a coding system after the part number (ex. 40-4Y-136-5) so we can track which models generate sales. Yes, our system sorely needs updates, but rest assured, any order for an FZ Tamer throttle or Quick Turn throttle will get the correct 130mm tube with "Y" series cam. I promise that the quality of our product will FAR exceed the quality of our website! I am happy to answer any questions at [email protected] or 815-535-3236. Again, if this post breaks any forum rules I sincerely apologize. Thanks! Gary