G2 Throttle Tamer Info & Review

RipGroove

Reaction score
OK, heard back from G2 (very helpful people), as long as you order any of the following from their website you will get the correct part that fits the MT-09:

FZ1 01-12
FZ6 04-12
FZ8 11-12

Which is a 130mm long throttle tube with a 400 cam profile. I've updated my original post to suit.

I'm still not entirely sure why the part numbers in our confirmation emails do not match or why mine doesn't match the instructions I got with mine but as long as you have chosen one of the models above you should get the right part.

Last edited:

mt09holland

Reaction score
Cheers! I trust I will receive the correct one.....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RipGroove

Reaction score
Sorry if you guys consider this a SPAM, but I wanted to try and clear up any confusion! First, I apologize for our late start in confirming the FZ-09 application (and also my ignorance that this model is an MT-09 on your side of the pond!). The part number for this model is 40-4Y-130. HOWEVER, the previous part number was 40-4Y-136, before we decided to shorten the tube to 130mm to best match OEM Yamaha. In addition, our web shopping cart incorporates a coding system after the part number (ex. 40-4Y-136-5) so we can track which models generate sales. Yes, our system sorely needs updates, but rest assured, any order for an FZ Tamer throttle or Quick Turn throttle will get the correct 130mm tube with "Y" series cam. I promise that the quality of our product will FAR exceed the quality of our website! I am happy to answer any questions at [email protected] or 815-535-3236. Again, if this post breaks any forum rules I sincerely apologize. Thanks! Gary
Thanks very much for posting here, it's very helpful :) I doubt very much that will be considered spam. Let me know if you add the FZ09/MT09 to your options list on your website and I'll update my review to suit.

Sent from outer space

Last edited:

mt09holland

Reaction score
Sorry if you guys consider this a SPAM, but I wanted to try and clear up any confusion! First, I apologize for our late start in confirming the FZ-09 application (and also my ignorance that this model is an MT-09 on your side of the pond!). The part number for this model is 40-4Y-130. HOWEVER, the previous part number was 40-4Y-136, before we decided to shorten the tube to 130mm to best match OEM Yamaha. In addition, our web shopping cart incorporates a coding system after the part number (ex. 40-4Y-136-5) so we can track which models generate sales. Yes, our system sorely needs updates, but rest assured, any order for an FZ Tamer throttle or Quick Turn throttle will get the correct 130mm tube with "Y" series cam. I promise that the quality of our product will FAR exceed the quality of our website! I am happy to answer any questions at [email protected] or 815-535-3236. Again, if this post breaks any forum rules I sincerely apologize. Thanks! Gary
Thanks for all your help Gary! Customer service = 5 star!!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Twozup

Reaction score
The first few mm have been tamed down, then it just ramps straight back up to normal, the unknown is whether the 'ramp' part of the new throttle matches that of the stock throttle. Technically speaking it should be duller until it reaches the stock diameter but I didn't notice it being any duller at all as all I had to do was move my wrist a few more mm to get the big rush. For example, say with the stock throttle you get the big rush after opening it 10mm, with the tamer you'd have to open it 13mm. Yes its a little further round BUT if you move your wrist just a little quicker you're still getting there at the same time. Movement around the throttle and time are two different things. If you could only ever open your throttle at a set given speed then yes it would take longer to get there and would feel duller, but its all in your wrist, that big rush is still there and still at the same time, you just have to move your wrist a little quicker to get it. If you get what I mean?
I do rip and your explanation makes a lot of sense mate - thanks!

Sent from my mind using my fingers

RipGroove

Reaction score
I do rip and your explanation makes a lot of sense mate - thanks!

I try mate lol it is a hard concept to get round when you really start thinking about it.

A couple of other people here have now ordered some so it'll be good to see what they think. As so far its only my experience and all bikes and people are different.

Sent from outer space

Twozup

Reaction score
It's funny how some of us don't really have an issue with the throttle yet it's a serious problem for others! We humans are a strange bunch!

Twozup

Reaction score
It's funny how some of us don't really have an issue with the throttle yet it's a serious problem for others! We humans are a strange bunch!

I am a bit ham fisted though so that probably accounts for lack of finesse haha

RipGroove

Reaction score

I think it all depends on your particular bike (as they will all vary), exactly how fussy you are and exactly what you want from your machine. Personally I'm reay fussy and am looking for smooth transitions from braking to throttling. On top of that I think my fuelling is way off anyway as even while cruising along at a constant throttle my bike seems to lurch about a bit. This is the reason I'll still be getting an ecu flash, but for now the tamer has improved things so I'm happy.

Sent from outer space

Twozup

Reaction score
Riding style def got a lot to do with it.
But then again I have one of the German assembled bikes. Not the later Chinese assembled ones so maybe that's the difference

[emoji12]

Twozup

Reaction score
Do you think Yamaha might bring out their own "re-flash" ie a modified ecu programme same as Aprillia I think it was did with one of their early models when it was upgraded a year or two later?

RipGroove

Reaction score
Do you think Yamaha might bring out their own "re-flash" ie a modified ecu programme same as Aprillia I think it was did with one of their early models when it was upgraded a year or two later?

Unlikely as most of the things we hate about the fuelling and throttle delivery are there for emissions apparently.

Sent from outer space

Triple Trouble

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Thanks very much for posting here, it's very helpful :) I doubt very much that will be considered spam. Let me know if you add the FZ09/MT09 to your options list on your website and I'll update my review to suit.

Sent from outer space
Ull be surprised..! No one cud see his post until I approved it as it did actually come in as spam

ACE CAFE MEET FRIDAY 27th JUNE @ 6pm

marthy

Reaction score
If flashing your ECU is too expensive or not really available, the EJK fuel controller is a great option. I test/tune them back to back (EJK vs. PCV) and fair honest they are head to head at WOT and on cruising the EJK was better. We got the EJK tuned for the Akra pipe with DBK and the throttle is very smooth. For $225.00 USD, it's a steal (might need to double check shipping to the UK). All I'm saying is I have both PCV and EJK and they are both payed for and the EJK controller is back on my bike.

We have few tune available and if it's not on the list no worry, the controller is very easy to tune. No PC required. If you have easy access to it (handlebars mount) the controller can be tune on the fly.

Here's few snapshot of the from the data logger "on the road tune" The PCV map was done using the TPS & PSI map together to improve the throttle (OEM O2 sensor plug in with no O2 optimizer) No optimizer since I wanted to keep the fuel range (14.7 AFR instead or 13.6 claimed by Dynojet) So basically the EJK controller do as much or better for less $$$, that's the main reason why it's the controller I personally choose to keep on my bike.

1- EJK @ WOT through gears
2- PCV @ WOT through gears
3- EJK cruising low load acceleration / deceleration in top gear
4- PCV cruising low load acceleration / deceleration in top gear

Attachments

Last edited:

RipGroove

Reaction score
If flashing your ECU is too expensive or not really available, the EJK fuel controller is a great option. I test/tune them back to back (EJK vs. PCV) and fair honest they are head to head at WOT and on cruising the EJK was better. We got the EJK tuned for the Akra pipe with DBK and the throttle is very smooth. For $225.00 USD, it's a steal (might need to double check shipping to the UK). All I'm saying is I have both PCV and EJK and they are both payed for and the EJK controller is back on my bike.

We have few tune available and if it's not on the list no worry, the controller is very easy to tune. No PC required. If you have easy access to it (handlebars mount) the controller can be tune on the fly.
Flashes should be around the £150 mark so not too expensive. I've never had a fuel controller so not sure whats what but I might start reading up on them then.

Sent from outer space

RipGroove

Reaction score
As off today the EJK is the same price (150) in your money. $250 USD shipped. Killer deal!
Correct me if I'm wrong but the EJK won't help with the harsh engine breaking like the ECU flash will?

Sent from outer space

marthy

Reaction score
Correct me if I'm wrong but the EJK won't help with the harsh engine breaking like the ECU flash will?

Sent from outer space
It actually does. The controller is load sensitive and it add fuel on decel. 90% of the throttle issue come from being lean, the EJK fix that very well. I sold about 20 9f those and I had no complain and everyone is satisfied for far.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk