G2 Throttle Tamer Info & Review

It actually does. The controller is load sensitive and it add fuel on decel. 90% of the throttle issue come from being lean, the EJK fix that very well. I sold about 20 9f those and I had no complain and everyone is satisfied for far.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

Just done a load of reading and pretty sure I get the idea now. Will PM you so as to not go off topic here.

Sent from outer space

Last edited:
It actually does. The controller is load sensitive and it add fuel on decel. 90% of the throttle issue come from being lean, the EJK fix that very well. I sold about 20 9f those and I had no complain and everyone is satisfied for far.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

PM sent.

Sent from outer space

Just done another couple of hours with this throttle, straight to A mode and stayed there the whole time, my roll on through corners is now super smooth, today was probably the first ride I've had on the MT where cornering could have my complete concentration. The more I ride with it the more I like it and the better it feels. :)

Sent from outer space

Well on the strength of this thread I ordered myself a G2 Tamer, I fitted it this morning and just got back from a 20 mile ride about, yes, yes, yes! it makes the bike a lot easier to ride smoothly, I stamp this mod with the Crabbers seal of approval for sure.

Well on the strength of this thread I ordered myself a G2 Tamer, I fitted it this morning and just got back from a 20 mile ride about, yes, yes, yes! it makes the bike a lot easier to ride smoothly, I stamp this mod with the Crabbers seal of approval for sure.

WINNER! I need commission from G2! Seriously though I'm happy to hear someone else's take on it as up until now it's all been my own opinion. Did you feel at any point that you'd lost overall punch and power? I know a few people are worried about it having that effect. Personally I haven't noticed a loss of any kind, if I want to go quicker all I do is twist the throttle quicker, but when I want to be smooth the tamer allows me to. The bike definitely still has pace. Be sure also to post back again after some more ride time.

Sent from outer space

The power delivery versus throttle movement of course feels a lot less errr "violent", this is a good thing though, everything is still there but further round the throttle's travel, this is a very GOOD thing, the whole jerkey thing is way much better.

The power delivery versus throttle movement of course feels a lot less errr "violent", this is a good thing though, everything is still there but further round the throttle's travel, this is a very GOOD thing, the whole jerkey thing is way much better.

Sweet :)

Sent from outer space

I got ripped for 16 quid of import duty though! bastards, money well spent though I think.

Woah that sucks, I didn't get that. First ride out I was thinking about the new throttle and how it was working etc, second time out I had kind of forgotten about it so didn't think about it at all then realised that during that ride I'd not been thinking about if throttle control so it must have done its job. Stayed in A mode the whole time and the only time I felt the odd jerk was crawling over some large speed humps in the road.

Sent from outer space

but of course they don't list one for the MT-09/FZ-09. So after a bit of part number digging and a load of emails to G2 I've managed to find out that one of their products does actually fit the MT-09/FZ-09 (see below). So I got it ordered up straight away and now that it's here and fitted I've contacted G2 again informing them that they may as well start listing the MT-09/FZ-09 on their product list now so it may well show up on their website at some point. So if you're interested all the info you need is below:

The actual throttle for this bike comes with what G2 call a '400 CAM'

Where do I get one from?

Does it work?

YES!!!!! This is now my bikes new best friend! Worth noting that prior to fitting this I'd already adjusted my in dash C0 settings to 14 on all cylinders (as tried and tested by many forum members) and also adjusted the throttle cable properly to eliminate any slack which did not really help with the jerky throttle. But now since fitting it the bike feels so much better.

OK, Mr. RipGroove, after your're aggressive marketing ;-) I'm seriously considering buying one of these. And I just happen to have a friend in the States next week...
I've still got a few questions, if I may.

I noticed that they indeed added the FZ-09 model to their website, so I guess that's a thumbs up to you.

Would you happen to know the exact model number (not just motorcycle model) of the throttle tamer?
The reason I'm asking is that I saw a few of them advertised on Ebay and Amazon, for a cheaper price. e.g. this, this and this. These are probably for different models of motorcycles, or last years batch etc. Some of them have a Y400 printed on them, like yours, while others don't. If I know the exact model, perhaps I can pick up one of them for around 20$ cheaper, than listed on the G2 site.

You mentioned the CO setting to 14, which I've tried too and didn't like to much for various reasons.
I didn't understand from you're post if the improved handling that you have now is the CO14 + the G2, or only the G2.

Not that it matters much... but how is 'B' mode now with the G2, Is it super sluggish to get up to speed, or is it still reasonable?
Because reading your review it sounds like the G2 tamer makes the first part of the throttle twist to behave similar to the 'B' mode, i.e. it's smooth and require a longer twist to get up to power.

Thanks for the write up and for volunteering to be our guinea pig :)

BTW I'm still considering picking up an OEM Yamaha throttle for the odd 25$ and cutting it down to imitate the G2, like you did previously. It will sure save quite a bit of money.

OK, Mr. RipGroove, after your're aggressive marketing ;-) I'm seriously considering buying one of these. And I just happen to have a friend in the States next week...
I've still got a few questions, if I may.

I noticed that they indeed added the FZ-09 model to their website, so I guess that's a thumbs up to you.

Would you happen to know the exact model number (not just motorcycle model) of the throttle tamer?
The reason I'm asking is that I saw a few of them advertised on Ebay and Amazon, for a cheaper price. e.g. this, this and this. These are probably for different models of motorcycles, or last years batch etc. Some of them have a Y400 printed on them, like yours, while others don't. If I know the exact model, perhaps I can pick up one of them for around 20$ cheaper, than listed on the G2 site.

You mentioned the CO setting to 14, which I've tried too and didn't like to much for various reasons.
I didn't understand from you're post if the improved handling that you have now is the CO14 + the G2, or only the G2.

Not that it matters much... but how is 'B' mode now with the G2, Is it super sluggish to get up to speed, or is it still reasonable?
Because reading your review it sounds like the G2 tamer makes the first part of the throttle twist to behave similar to the 'B' mode, i.e. it's smooth and require a longer twist to get up to power.

Thanks for the write up and for volunteering to be our guinea pig :)

BTW I'm still considering picking up an OEM Yamaha throttle for the odd 25$ and cutting it down to imitate the G2, like you did previously. It will sure save quite a bit of money.

I'm out for the night now but will have all that info for you tomorrow morning if thats OK, also I'll PM you with regards to modding your own throttle as I have something that will help you ;-)

Sent from outer space

Ordered a G2 throttle tamer after reading this thread. Very glad I did. It is now easy to open the throttle in a smooth and controlled way when you want to. It doesn't take away any of the bikes acceleration, it just gives you more control over it, which for me has resulted in faster corner exit speeds. Highly recommend this mod. Arrived in just over a week and took 5 minutes to fit.

Ordered a G2 throttle tamer after reading this thread. Very glad I did. It is now easy to open the throttle in a smooth and controlled way when you want to. It doesn't take away any of the bikes acceleration, it just gives you more control over it, which for me has resulted in faster corner exit speeds. Highly recommend this mod. Arrived in just over a week and took 5 minutes to fit.

Awesome news dude!

Sent from outer space

Back