G2 Throttle Tamer Info & Review

RiGroove, you wrote that G2 Tamer came with 400 CAM, but they say on their website that " Stock cam is 100. " and here G2 Cams - G2 Ergonomics there is no option for MT-09.

I assume also that Fz-09 G2 Street Tamer works for continental europe version MT-09)

So far no negative reviews with the G2 on the MT/FZ then :)

It is deffo an odd one to explain, you need to try it to make you understand that it doesn't dampen the overall feel of the bike. I don't feel like I've lost any power, torque or acceleration. Everything is now just more controllable.

Sent from outer space

To be fair there's this Another G2 Ergo Throttle Tamer review on the US forum. It seems that he likes it but thinks that perhaps a different cam would be better, rather than the default Y400 cam.

To be fair there's this Another G2 Ergo Throttle Tamer review on the US forum. It seems that he likes it but thinks that perhaps a different cam would be better, rather than the default Y400 cam.
It's never going to suit everyone but so far the majority are happy with the results. The cam is easy enough to change in order to fine tune it to your taste if required.

Sent from outer space

Going to install mine today!

Just did some other mods: levers and seat cover

a7eru4y9.jpg

yba7ahav.jpg

uru8y5ys.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Insane!!!! This is how it should have been. Immediately put CO settings back to 0 as well. Hard to describe but you're not losing any power or grid, just better to control when opening the throttle. Brilliant! Thanks so much for posting it on here.

Insane!!!! This is how it should have been. Immediately put CO settings back to 0 as well. Hard to describe but you're not losing any power or grid, just better to control when opening the throttle. Brilliant! Thanks so much for posting it on here.

No problem, just glad its helping people! :)

Sent from outer space

Got mine now just need to fit it, will be interesting to compare as I've just had 3 almost two hundred mile ride days in a row and should notice a difference.

Interesting that you have reset the co settings, any reason?

I left my C0 settings at 14 as I'm told that is the sweet spot. My bike does lurch about a little at low revs when I hold a constant throttle though so I'll try putting mine back to zero today and see if it makes any difference.

Anyone thought of fitting an A/F ration gauge to their bike? Seems like it might be a good way to keep an eye on the air/fuel ratio without having to rely on a dyno session.

Last edited:
Yes it is the lurching at a low speed constant throttle that is the issue. Be interested to see your findings on changing back to zero

Ahh OK so it's not just mine then! I'll try it this afternoon and post back here. I did actually fit an EJK fuel controller to help with the fueling but it appears I've been sent a faulty one so will be a little while before I can review that properly.

Yes it is the lurching at a low speed constant throttle that is the issue. Be interested to see your findings on changing back to zero

Just tried with C0 back at zero and it did not alter the lurching about on constant throttle, to be honest I didn't really notice any difference anywhere. I don't doubt that C014 is the sweet spot as others have tested this on a dyno all I'm saying is that it does not affect the lurching and that by riding the bike I felt no difference between 0 & 14, that said though I have put it back to 14 purely based on what others have said.

I'm guessing fine tuning the C0 settings really should be done with an air fuel ratio sensor in each of the 3 cylinders respective header pipes allowing each cylinder to be tweaked individually and correctly.

Hopefully when I get a working EJK fuel controller I'll be able to smooth out that lurching, will be posting results when the replacement arrives.

Back