G2 Throttle Tamer Info & Review

Reaction score
So I had my first service last week, spoke to the tech who did my bike and I asked about the co/dash settings, THEY ONLY DO IDLE, according to him.
Seems to be a bit of a grey area then, Googling past Yamaha models it seems people have used the C0 setting to cure dips in fueling across the whole rev range (with C1, C2 etc being different parts of the rev range) and theres also a lot of people referring to it adjusting the first 2% of throttle open and now your tech saying idle only. Does anyone really know for sure?

Sent from outer space

Reaction score
Well according to my dyno tech it only applies up to 2% throttle after that it does nothing.

ACE CAFE MEET FRIDAY 27th JUNE @ 6pm

Reaction score
I believe immediately what you guys are saying about the CO settings but my bike is far more aggressive when I'm setting all cylinders at 0. Not a clue why that is, but I tested it now multiple times and it just makes a very noticeable difference on my bike!

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

relz

Reaction score
I believe immediately what you guys are saying about the CO settings but my bike is far more aggressive when I'm setting all cylinders at 0. Not a clue why that is, but I tested it now multiple times and it just makes a very noticeable difference on my bike!

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk
+1
Same experience here.

Reaction score
Maybe it's because I have the stock exhaust and not the Akra? What do you have relz?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Keechy

Reaction score
Hi mt09 holland, did you buy your seat cover on line and did it come matt grey or did you paint it. Really fancy one of them.

Reaction score
Mines fitted now, run it around the block and whilst it's not a different bike I certainly noticed it easier to control around town. Time permitting I'll give it the beans this Sunday and report full findings!

Reaction score
Mines fitted now, run it around the block and whilst it's not a different bike I certainly noticed it easier to control around town. Time permitting I'll give it the beans this Sunday and report full findings!

Give it a good go mate! I commute daily about 50 miles through heavy traffic. It's A-mode now for the entire journey. I flick it between cars and pass traffic jams like a pro ;-)

razz

Reaction score
Give it a good go mate! I commute daily about 50 miles through heavy traffic. It's A-mode now for the entire journey. I flick it between cars and pass traffic jams like a pro ;-)

superb news , thats exactly what i wanted to hear / read

Reaction score
Just a thought on fitting the G2, I've got heated grips, can they be removed and replaced without damaging the element?
Anyone done this successfully? Tips please.

relz

Reaction score
Just got my new toy :)
Can't wait to install it

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1404032166845.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1404032166845.jpg
    53.8 KB · Views: 189
Reaction score
Just got my new toy :)
Can't wait to install it

Hope you enjoy it as much as I do!

Right, out for a ride again. Saw another mt 09 riding in the Amsterdam region for the first time this morning!

relz

Reaction score
I might install it without transferring the rubber grip at first, and ride around for a while, until I've decided if I like it...
I hope it's comfortable enough without it.

Reaction score
The grip will come off again I would have thought anyway you won't take it off I can assure you.!

Right, I've tested my G2 throttle tamer. I can't understand why anyone would say it's good because............................ It's fekkin awesome.
I've been in A mode all morning, before I couldn't use A, only STD on open roads and B everywhere else.
Been pulling wheelies overtaking stuff and generally screaming like a girl everytime I've pinned the throttle.
OK it hasn't changed the fuelling but gone are the big jerks, much, much, much more controlled throttle openings.

Got to be the best £64.05 you can spend on this bike (Apart from an £85 SR seat :) )

Don't think about it, go order one NOW !!!!

Reaction score
The grip will come off again I would have thought anyway you won't take it off I can assure you.!

Right, I've tested my G2 throttle tamer. I can't understand why anyone would say it's good because............................ It's fekkin awesome.
I've been in A mode all morning, before I couldn't use A, only STD on open roads and B everywhere else.
Been pulling wheelies overtaking stuff and generally screaming like a girl everytime I've pinned the throttle.
OK it hasn't changed the fuelling but gone are the big jerks, much, much, much more controlled throttle openings.

Got to be the best £64.05 you can spend on this bike (Apart from an £85 SR seat :) )

Don't think about it, go order one NOW !!!!

LOL!!!!!! It's not sex, but it's damn close!

Reaction score
Glad its working out for everyone! Regarding getting the grips on and off, as per the original post just get some water down there and it slides off very quickly, then add water again to reinstall it, water dries pretty quickly leaving the grip stuck again.