kev's next mod

marksim

Reaction score
Didnt think it would take someone long LOL

Triple Trouble

Super Moderator
Reaction score
I have the full Flash Tune software if you need any further info let me know, with 5th & 6th gear throttle maps you would get the feeling at full throttle & high RPM's if you roll the throttle back the bike will pick up speed, my plug & play mod should over ride this feature & give you full throttle in 5th & 6th gears, I used to make a simular mod many years ago for the SV650's & 1000's to eliminate the ignition retards in the first 4 gears.
Lol. I don't think you have been paying attention on here much lately.. quite a few members have come to me for an ecu flash already...we also do flash tune...

l34chy

Reaction score
I have the full Flash Tune software if you need any further info let me know, with 5th & 6th gear throttle maps you would get the feeling at full throttle & high RPM's if you roll the throttle back the bike will pick up speed, my plug & play mod should over ride this feature & give you full throttle in 5th & 6th gears, I used to make a simular mod many years ago for the SV650's & 1000's to eliminate the ignition retards in the first 4 gears.
So if you have the software have you managed to download this to your bike as I have had this mod done as TT says this has been done by several members on here.
Are you selling this plug and play system if so how does it work like a power commander?

Triple Trouble

Super Moderator
Reaction score
If ur using flash tune u need to have the cables that plug into the ecu for that specific bike...

Triple Trouble

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Thanks mate been studying what it can & can not do for some time now, from past re-flashing experiences there are a few hiccups with this program as I have found in others when importing PCV fuel map tables.
We have imported quite a few pcv maps now and they all seem to be fine with exception of the two brothers map which ran richer than a rich thing lol. Their systems seem to want as much fuel as you can throw at them. We've flashed everything from Big Bang R1's to Gixxer 1000 track bikes and so far all have been well. We've not had a single complaint from the guys on here and I think we've done a dozen or so so far. I have had 3 different systems on the MT with 3 different pcv maps and they have been spot on lol

Triple Trouble

Super Moderator
Reaction score
The problem is not the reflashing but the way the programmer has designed the imported of a PCV map into the reflash.

Have you rechecked & confirmed the A/F ratio after the re-flash, what I found is with a custom PCV Dyno map built using Tune link on the Dyno then import the PCV map & then reflash the ECU then confirm the A/F ratio again using Tune link the A/F ratio's are different in the lower RPM ranges running off the L tables intake air pressure sensor/RPM? I found the imported PCV map only corrects the F tables trims TPS/RPM & not the L trim tables intake manifold Pressure/RPM, the L trim tables work up to 50% throttle openings & below 50% throttle opening, the L trims have different F/L switch points from above 2000rpm, with Flash Tune as far as I can see we can not change the F/L switch points which I have done on all my KTM reflashes I could reduce the F/L switch points down to Zero so we can import a PCV map cleanly & not to have the L trim tables over riding the new PCV imported tables.

In the end is this a real problem most probably not on a triple or 4 cylinder but it does show it's head on the V twins with single cylinder tuning.
I see ur point. I will have a chat with my tech wizard and get his thoughts on it. Maybe look at some past data...

marksim

Reaction score
The problem is not the reflashing but the way the programmer has designed the import of a PCV map into the reflash.

Have you rechecked & confirmed the A/F ratio after the re-flash, what I found is with a custom PCV Dyno map built using Tune link on the Dyno then import the PCV map & then reflash the ECU then confirm the A/F ratio again using Tune link the A/F ratio's are different in the lower RPM ranges running off the L tables intake air pressure sensor/RPM? I found the imported PCV map only corrects the F tables trims TPS/RPM & not the L trim tables intake manifold Pressure/RPM, the L trim tables work up to 50% throttle openings & below 50% throttle opening, the L trims have different F/L switch points from above 2000rpm, with Flash Tune as far as I can see we can not change the F/L switch points which I have done on all my KTM reflashes I could reduce the F/L switch points down to Zero so we can import a PCV map cleanly & not to have the L trim tables over riding the new PCV imported tables.

In the end is this a real problem most probably not on a triple or 4 cylinder but it does show it's head on the V twins with single cylinder tuning.
Well you certainly lost me Kev,LOL
but i know from previous experience that you know your stuff and certainly have helped plenty of others out with your mods.
Just wondered what happened to MrZ32 and did he ever manage to sort them velocity stacks out for the 990 ?

Last edited:

lee1980

Reaction score
More photo's

Looks great Kev, I wonder if on Abs models bracket fit same as there are different hose, I maybe wrong. It's worth getting for bling factor and to know there if things do go a bit crazy!!

RipGroove

Reaction score
I will finish off the O2 controllers that I started this weekend as I made a big batch which has taken most of Saturday & Sunday & then will start on the next mod the 5th & 6th gear throttle restrictions removal mod mid week.
Have PM'd you my details for the O2 controller.

Nice work on the damper! Might do that :) Was planning on getting a universal damper myself and trying to mock one up but as you've already done the leg work that's one less thing I have to do!

Not sure if I'd trust myself with 5th & 6th full throttle, I kind of tell myself that the MT is a safe bike due to these restrictions being in place!

Sent from my iPhone

Last edited: