Possible MT-09 owner

lee1980

Reaction score
Fowlers say all they have and other usual colours (dark Armour, orange, and grey) are all 2014 models. Only 2015 and Race blu with blue forks etc and then none are ABS lol. Seemed to say all were generally in short supply a good sign I guess selling well.

I guess might be waiting to get 2015 to make sure all things are covered etc, does the VIN tell you the model year?

MT09-Smurf

Reaction score
Welcome to the forum Lee.... Just go test ride one, then buy... Happened to me that way, was lucky with the colour... No yam dealers had one near me in Deep Armour, found one about 15 miles away... 10 days later, delivered and smiling!!

Kinjane

Reaction score
Same here, had no intention of getting another bike, but made the 'mistake' of having a test ride...

lee1980

Reaction score
Welcome to the forum Lee.... Just go test ride one, then buy... Happened to me that way, was lucky with the colour... No yam dealers had one near me in Deep Armour, found one about 15 miles away... 10 days later, delivered and smiling!!
I suspect once I ride one will be same, though not looking forward to it in these cold/slidy conditions!
I am in no rush and don't want to rush in to anything as have done that in the past to. With it coming up to xmas to will no doubt not be until new year now.

lee1980

Reaction score
Interestingly I just noticed on Yamaha UK site shows 2015 colours/models and can select 2014 year, which of course shows older Race blu, but they all seem to have black engines in 2014 and now have like bronzy colour for 2015. So I guess thats one way to tell with any colour if 2014/15!

R6owdlad

Reaction score
That happened to me!
Took my R6 in for MOT, started looking round showroom.
Next thing had test ride then had to buy one which I did within the space of about a week, and absolutely no regrets!
A cracking bike!

lee1980

Reaction score
Test ride this morning, luckily dryish and not to cold, traffic as around 9:00am and one does not want to take risks on a demo bike!

Started in B mode, felt great still very grunty, didnt feel snatchy, if anything the throttle almost feels to loose/smooth but not in slack cable sense just turns to easily i guess.
STD was a bit more rough but A was like wow zoosh! not sure what difference is meant to be but for me B was good bike had about 800 miles on so still tight I reckon.
A would be for those nice dry day!
Brakes very sharp front and rear, front deff needs a bit of more preload im about 12.5 stone so should be ok with adding some and dont want it to hard on front.

Love the clocks and riding position really up in air but for what I use it for perfect really, if i commuted far would wait for new tracer.

I could see on all the bikes a white dont on cam chain tensioner and looks like the head light loom thing been done taped up etc.

Now basically decision is to order one before end of year to get arrow system basically, will be a 2014 and choice of Deep armor, orange and grey.
Said its about 700 to buy system I found it for about 500 online so good deal I think, and bike will be list price etc
Insurance will pay bulk and rest on Yamaha finance.
Or wait until new year to get 2015, with race blu being a choice and other difference being the coppery engine colour.

hhhmmmm what to do!!

Kinjane

Reaction score
You could find out when Yamaha are going to raise their prices!
Something else to throw into the equation...

lee1980

Reaction score
Uk Yamaha site shows 2015 colours and prices still same as far as I can see unless they go up in the New year!!!

lee1980

Reaction score
If you see one you like and can afford one, I would get one now!
There will always be a reason to hold off getting one, ie new colour, 15 plate etc
Yeah insurance has come back at under 300 to, Im not fussed about plates or age really, just hoping the 14' models had all revisions done and looks like they have with cam chain tensioner and head light loom, plus if I dont like fuel map they will up load new one.
Full arrow system thrown in to fitted certainly makes it mondo tempting lol!