Possible MT-09 owner

alan_manic

Reaction score
Yeah insurance has come back at under 300 to, Im not fussed about plates or age really, just hoping the 14' models had all revisions done and looks like they have with cam chain tensioner and head light loom, plus if I dont like fuel map they will up load new one.
Full arrow system thrown in to fitted certainly makes it mondo tempting lol!
Just get it bought...... lol

lee1980

Reaction score
Just get it bought...... lol
Lol I still have the risk of not getting any thing back from GAP policy that will mean more finance! but otherwise its a no brainer for me now.

Next item on agenda what accessories to get first, though will most unlikely get bike until new year unless I pick the matt grey abs colour in showroom!

Impostor1981

Reaction score
I admire people who can hold on with getting something AWSOMEEEEEEEE. I usualy go to dealers do few test rides and next day I have what turns me on ;-) and its a sleepless night

lee1980

Reaction score
Only gone and bloody done it, deposit down! GAP policy said still waiting on authorisation, but hoping time its taken they are paying out something or hope would of said right away if no payment!
Orange ABS with full Arrow exhaust, Dark alloy can and plain alloy end cap! w00t!

Attachments

lee1980

Reaction score
Well done mate in the fastest colour as well.
For sure hehe, In the flesh orange looked much better not to bright either, looking forward to new year now!

What should be first mod I am thnking a rad guard before the rad gets dinged its pretty big the rad.

salad_dodger

Reaction score
Congratulations Lee. I pick mine up from Fowlers tomorrow morning - I went for Deep Armour with the Arrow can and ABS. Looking forward to seeing if the Fowlers PDI is as bad as I've read.

flipper

Reaction score
well done - right colour too.

first mod? Optimate and lead followed swiftly by a decent rear shock..

Last edited:

lee1980

Reaction score
Congratulations Lee. I pick mine up from Fowlers tomorrow morning - I went for Deep Armour with the Arrow can and ABS. Looking forward to seeing if the Fowlers PDI is as bad as I've read.
Awesome, i thought it was a pretty good deal with arrow system to.
This will be my 3rd new bike from Fowlers and PDI always been fine, it was more after servicing costs, problems etc, I find staff very sorta impersonal I guess its from being a big dealer. Let us know how you geton.

salad_dodger

Reaction score
So, picked the bike up today from Fowlers. The chain was so tight the wheels struggled to turn and the Arrow pipe wasn't on the bike as they aren't in stock until next week. Found that a bit odd as the Arrow pipe was on the bike when I bought it!! Never mind, the pipe will be fitted when I get the 600 mile service done. Great bike but the only issue is the throttle. Didn't find it snatchy just the throttle body itself felt loose - lot's of free play and side to side movement which I hope can be adjusted (didn't feel like that when I had a test ride). Apart from that though I'm very happy with it and glad that I decided to swap my Street Triple for the MT. Apart from the too tight chain, I thought Fowlers were great to deal with.

flipper

Reaction score
the chain is like that from the factory.

glad you like it. they are a great fun bike.

Andrew Dean Aston

Reaction score
Congratulations on your new MT. Reference to the chain, its only supposed to be 15mm slack. This is because the swingarm pivot point is inline with the sprockets (Which is a good thing) Enjoy .. And ride safe :)

marksim

Reaction score
Enjoy mate and best colour Lol
Not that it will stay like it for long this time of year.

Mat Still

Reaction score
Mine was the same, apparently that's how they're supposed to be.

Just gone over 220 miles, most inner city riding though ?, and I love it.... even in B-aby mode lol

flipper

Reaction score
Congratulations on your new MT. Reference to the chain, its only supposed to be 15mm slack. This is because the swingarm pivot point is inline with the sprockets (Which is a good thing) Enjoy .. And ride safe :)
15mm of slack would be nice, but from the factory the chain is like a bow string. You could play a tune on it.

Kinjane

Reaction score
...Apart from the too tight chain, I thought Fowlers were great to deal with. ...the throttle body itself felt loose - lot's of free play and side to side movement.
All in all not a bad start to the day then :)

I moved the black polypropylene disc that's found between the rubber grip and the throttle housing to inside the housing itself (with a little tweaking) which removed all sideways play.

When you slacken the chain you might want to check your wheel alignment at the same time - unless you're too busty riding!

Last edited: