Post your suspension settings here.

motorcycleboy

Reaction score
Lagonisi Athens Greece, 37,5km from the city cente
I'm (only) 70kg and i think that Japanese have "tailored" the bike for me....
My driving style is... "sporty" but i like the "enduro-travels" of generally soft suspencion that MT has...
So according the advice of mechanic,at front there are 5 big lines showing out -so no preload at all for me- but the compression rebound is fully hard &1/4 back.
At the rear, spring preload position at 5 & compr.rebound fully in (hard).
On those settings i can say that the bike is no more bouncy in the curves but is soft enough for me, has "progressive" behaviour and its predictable..
I like stiff frame with soft suspension better than everything stiff and i prefer not to loose any mm from the front which i use all of its travel (after touch-down from wheelies on more than 160km).

boro

Reaction score
I'm (only) 70kg and i think that Japanese have "tailored" the bike for me....
My driving style is... "sporty" but i like the "enduro-travels" of generally soft suspencion that MT has...
So according the advice of mechanic,at front there are 5 big lines showing out -so no preload at all for me- but the compression rebound is fully hard &1/4 back.
At the rear, spring preload position at 5 & compr.rebound fully in (hard).
On those settings i can say that the bike is no more bouncy in the curves but is soft enough for me, has "progressive" behaviour and its predictable..
I like stiff frame with soft suspension better than everything stiff and i prefer not to loose any mm from the front which i use all of its travel (after touch-down from wheelies on more than 160km).

Rear at 6 with 1/2 turn out and front 2 rings showing 1/2 turn out. I'm 15 st in old money..Still find the front a little soft but above that it tends to be a bit harsh, still works better than I can ride it..:cool:

Jay Cee

Reaction score
Does anyone know the factory setting I need to go back and work forward again the bike has started fighting mid corner which it didn't do before.

Cheers JC

Triple Trouble

Super Moderator
Reaction score
The rear shock is set at number 4 and both damping screws are set exactly half way between hard and soft as is the front suspension (rings)!

Kinjane

Reaction score
I've been told the MT-09 suspension has been set up for an 80Kg kitted rider. By the time I get mine (soon) and the way my weight loss plan is going the OEM stuff should work just fine :)

Triple Trouble

Super Moderator
Reaction score
I've been told the MT-09 suspension has been set up for an 80Kg kitted rider. By the time I get mine (soon) and the way my weight loss plan is going the OEM stuff should work just fine :)
Well I'm 82kgs and there's no way it was anywhere near rite lol

Kinjane

Reaction score
Damn taken in by glib sales talk again.

I'm still hoping that the bit about owning an MT-09 improving my libido and having more women than you'd find in a Lynx Deodorant advert chasing after me is still true though.

T

THAIGATE14

I'm still hoping that the bit about owning an MT-09 improving my libido and having more women than you'd find in a Lynx Deodorant advert chasing after me is still true though.
well it sure works for me................but not in bristol. the only beeatches chasing me there are from the council wanting my kidney to pay to house the somalian massive......

Cobweb

Reaction score
I upped the rear preload 1 click to 5 from the normal 4 but left the rebound as standard. The front is set preload to 4 with again standard rebound and it works fine for my riding style and 13 stone weight but I do like my suspension on the soft side so this setting won't suit many others.

MT09-Smurf

Reaction score

It will certainly make your groin tingle, that's wot 'A Mode' is for!!!

Kinjane

Reaction score
I think it's the hard seat doing that!

Suspension has definitely eased a little after 2,500 miles of use. After another play and almost 50 miles of testing this is what I've ended up with for my 80kg ride weight.

Front:- 3 rings showing, damping full clockwise (hard).

Rear:- 5th notch (+1 up from standard), damping 1/2 turn out from fully home.

Sag has ended up at around 40/33

Triple Trouble

Super Moderator
Reaction score
I think it's the hard seat doing that!

Suspension has definitely eased a little after 2,500 miles of use. After another play and almost 50 miles of testing this is what I've ended up with for my 80kg ride weight.

Front:- 3 rings showing, damping full clockwise (hard).

Rear:- 5th notch (+1 up from standard), damping 1/2 turn out from fully home.

Sag has ended up at around 40/33
Funny u shud say that about the suspension easing...! I'm now on the exact same settings as u (5kgs heavier coz I like a pie or 10)! and have been for about a month or so. Seems to be spot on (for now)! ;)

MT09-Smurf

Reaction score
I've settled on 2 clicks over std on rear, front seams ok to me, std at rear seamed a bit bouncy.

Kinjane

Reaction score
Funny u shud say that about the suspension easing...! I'm now on the exact same settings as u (5kgs heavier coz I like a pie or 10)! and have been for about a month or so. Seems to be spot on (for now)! ;)
Well If you take some Kgs off for your aftermarket noise system (SR1) add some for my mobile maintenance unit (centre stand) and the bike would probably think we're almost the same weight...

Triple Trouble

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Well If you take some Kgs off for your aftermarket noise system (SR1) add some for my mobile maintenance unit (centre stand) and the bike would probably think we're almost the same weight...
Lol. Sounds about rite. Although it's all gonna go out the window nxt week when I fit my new system lol

Triple Trouble

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Are u the same person who was speaking to Simon the other day about getting ur bike flashed at fowlers?

Kinjane

Reaction score
No, that wasn 't me. Are Fowlers offering something a little tastier than the standard flash or is it just the factory remap ?

Now the suspension settings have been better sorted, the bike is almost unaffected by post pot hole throttle input at lower speeds I'm more than happy to keep mine with the pre upgrade (OEM) tune for the time being.
Although I do reserve the right to change my mind ;)

Triple Trouble

Super Moderator
Reaction score
No, whoever it was, was going to get the standard Yamaha ecu flash done at fowlups and then come and get the aftermarket one done but I have no idea what their name is on here lol