Snatch is cured ! DNA Air filter

lou

Reaction score
Hi Slats, can you please give me info on changing the air filter as my DNA one should be with me this week? many thank's Lou remember (life's to short to grow up

Triple Trouble

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Hi Slats, can you please give me info on changing the air filter as my DNA one should be with me this week? many thank's Lou remember (life's to short to grow up
It's really easy. Seat off. Air scoops off. Unbolt the tank. Disconnect fuel pump line. Fuel breather and overflow pipes. Unscrew the air box. Replace stock filter with the DNA filter. Put back together in reverse order. It took me 20 mins to do mine with a 5 mins coffee/fag break in between lol

Triple Trouble

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Hardest bits getting those little hose clamp things back on.
If ur talking about the two rubber breather and overflow pipes don't disconnect them. Leave them
Connected and gently pull them up when u lift the tank off. U can easily reposition them when u put the tank back on. It's just a case of slotting them through the little recess near the front sprocket cover.

Mitch

Reaction score
So...... The DNA filter turned up in the workshop today. We quickly took the tank off and installed the DNA. First impressions are......

The snatch has been slightly reduced even thought I didn't really have an issue with a snatchy throttle since the PCV was fitted an we dyno'd it.
Did u get it on the dyno the Dna ?

Triple Trouble

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Ok so it's been dyno'd today with the PCV and DNA filter in it. Here's the print outs. Sorry it's not a decent pic of each one but if u zoom in u can read it better.

Here we have the dyno graphs.
The red chart is the results before the map was re-written and the boys is after the custom map was written. Any questions feel free to ask.

rob5006

Reaction score
Can somebody please explain this graph ..... Many thanks.

Last edited:

Locksmith

Reaction score
Even more torque - bejesus :eek:

We still don't know the effects of just dropping a DNA filter in a std bike yet!

Triple Trouble

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Even more torque - bejesus :eek:

We still don't know the effects of just dropping a DNA filter in a std bike yet!
I had the DNA in for about a week before we wrote the custom map for it and tbh it was slightly less snatchy but I didnt really have a problem with the throttle hence not buying a G2. Now it's been dyno'd the bike is exactly how it shud be. U can power on thru corners with no problems and the power is stupidly massive.

Kinjane

Reaction score
Don't ECU's compensate for either an inlet or exhaust change, but not both. This being the case, the ECU should add more fuel to compensate for the higher air flow through the DNA filter in order to maintain its original fuel map values. The overall result would be a higher fuel flow for any given TPS value. So either a little more power at the same throttle opening (at the cost of economy) or the same power on a smaller throttle setting with slightly less fuel being used. Just my thoughts.

RipGroove

Reaction score
Don't ECU's compensate for either an inlet or exhaust change, but not both. This being the case, the ECU should add more fuel to compensate for the higher air flow through the DNA filter in order to maintain its original fuel map values. The overall result would be a higher fuel flow for any given TPS value. So either a little more power at the same throttle opening (at the cost of economy) or the same power on a smaller throttle setting with slightly less fuel being used. Just my thoughts.
Thats the whole point, the orginal map values are crap, lean bottom end making it snatchy. The end goal here is to add fuel to the bottom end (as a lean mixture means snatchy throttle), and maybe by some chance fitting an aftermarket filter has made the bike do that for whatever reason.

I've just fitted an ejk fuel controller to mine which is doing a great job of adding fuel where needed to compensate for Yamahas lean ass emissions map. With my standard throttle on (not G2) I pretty much have zero snatch, need to do some more riding and tweaking before I get in to a whole review but so far I'm really liking it, it seems very smooth.

Last edited:

marthy

Reaction score
Thats the whole point, the orginal map values are crap, lean bottom end making it snatchy. The end goal here is to add fuel to the bottom end (as a lean mixture means snatchy throttle), and maybe by some chance fitting an aftermarket filter has made the bike do that for whatever reason.

I've just fitted an ejk fuel controller to mine which is doing a great job of adding fuel where needed to compensate for Yamahas lean ass emissions map. With my standard throttle on (not G2) I pretty much have zero snatch, need to do some more riding and tweaking before I get in to a whole review but so far I'm really liking it, it seems very smooth.
I just ordered a DNA filter too. Mine was getting dirty a bit an notice a little lost in HP. Or maybe I just got use to it. LOL

RipGroove

Reaction score
I just ordered a DNA filter too. Mine was getting dirty a bit an notice a little lost in HP. Or maybe I just got use to it. LOL
Be interested in seeing what you come up with [emoji3]

relz

Reaction score
I suspect my OEM air filter is getting a bit dirty by now, I've started to feel that the bike is less smooth lately.
So I'm considering buying this DNA air filter that you're all raving about :)
I've never used one of these multi-use filters before, hence I've got a couple of questions.

It's presumably a non-expensive solution, because although costs 2-3 times the cost of an OEM it's supposed to be a one time buy.

What about all those cleaning solvents and oil?
Do you guys buy the DNA stuff, or do you use some kind of other product (regular cleaning solvents and oils perhaps)?
If so, how much liquid do you need per cleaning? I see they sell them in the smaller 220-270ml bottles and the larger 1100ml bottles, what's the more reasonable amount?

How often do you clean it?
Any other things I should consider?

It's a bit hard to tell from this thread, but has anyone installed this on a bike with stock exhaust and fuelling? If so, is there any improvement or should I just forget about it and stick to the OEM?

Spot

Reaction score
Until someone can show me a dyno chart proving the DNA filters impact I remain unconvinced.
The information I have is that the OEM filter flows more air than the engine needs, so why would allowing yet even more air in make any difference?
If you check out the Power Commander website you'll see it's the same fuel map whether it's got an OEM or aftermarket filter. Surely if allowing more air in could be used by the engine wouldn't there be an additional map to take advantage of it?
Just asking..... :)

Last edited: