The tyre thread .

adam

Reaction score
Only at 2500 miles on my original Battlax but already decided to go with PR4 next. I had PR2 on my last bike and they rocked my world so the 4's have to be mind blowing I hope :D
Amazing tyres and give so much confidence. They heat up well even when it's cold.:cool:

flydnb

Reaction score
Ok they are very good on wear mate voted tyre of the year 2013 and i can see why , they stll look like new and i have done a 700 miles and they still have no visible wear at all , grip is much better than the dunlops which are a softer tyre , the pirellis are dual compound , the best bit is the actual profile its not as steep so you get a nice progressice lean rather than a step , they are brilliant check the reviews on youtube , i have been out on greasy roads and they were brilliant they inspire confidence and feel and are the leaders on longevity , i cant praise them highly enough tbh.

evifish5000

Reaction score
Has anyone had experience with Avon tyres. I was looking at them some bits on other sites say they have good life. Basically I want a tyre that will last some miles as I do use it for work. I've been reccomemded a duel compound avon.

relz

Reaction score
I've used them in the past, Avon Storm ST 56, as far as I recall they were fine.

I got about 13,000km from the rear tyre.

Mtpete

Reaction score
What about the perelli suppercorse? I don't care how many miles I get out them or wet grip coz where I live in Australia it never rains, probably opposite to you poms lol.

Spot

Reaction score
I've got PR4's now and they seem pretty good.
Do they have more, errr...... "edge" to them than the Dunlops ? Reason I ask is that now with 300 miles on the tyres I've started attacking corners properly and my boots are scraping the floor so I know i'm approximately leaning over as far I normally would so how come I've still got chicken strips a mile wide and I didn't on the Dunlops?

Twozup

Reaction score
I wonder how many of us riding in this shitty winter weather are still happy with their tyres. I'm on the MP3s and although they are incredible in the wet I have had two squeaky bum slides on them within past month- both in cold pissing rain.
One coming on to a large recently resurfaced roundabout (A82 at Balloch for anyone interested) and a scary one on a tight left handed near Drymen Bridge on A811 coming back from Stirling. Both were decent sideways slides and at a reasonable speed. I suspect my fault as not riding to road conditions but I think I was maybe sold on the overhype about how amazing the Michelins are and just assumed they'd grip without thinking. I know I know - no need to tell me how I should always ride to conditions Blah blah!

I'm sure all u MP4 boys will say how absolutely amazingly brilliant they are but some honest criticism would be better received.
Any other good winter alternatives to the Michelins?
As far as I'm concerned the MP3s are about 8/10.

Can I have a few weeks in Lanzarote for Christmas this year please.

Last edited:

ToastedBlue

Reaction score
sorry but I'm another PR4 convert
as a winter/wet weather tyre they're the dogs, grip is just there and they don't want to let go, not so sure about stopability under heavy braking though but that could be the crap on the roads. only had them on 4 weeks and done 1200 miles in mostly crap conditions.
did 280 miles in 7 hours yesterday, with 3 coffee breaks, the roads were wet all day and it was cold, not a twitch until I hit a snow patch (youtube - MrToastedBlue).
have ridden over 30k miles in the past 3 years, 6 months off due to injury... thanks Bridgestone shite... tried numerous tyres and have concluded it'll be PR4's for winter and Conti RoadAttack 2's (not the EVO, hated them) for summer, but they don't last long, until something better comes along.
I didn't get on with the PR3's (in the dry), found they moved around a lot mid corner, not a patch on the 4's in the wet IMHO, yet my mates really rated the PR3's (they now have PR4's too) but they also don't rate the Conti's...
good luck finding YOUR tyres

flydnb

Reaction score
I wonder how many of us riding in this shitty winter weather are still happy with their tyres. I'm on the MP3s and although they are incredible in the wet I have had two squeaky bum slides on them within past month- both in cold pissing rain.
One coming on to a large recently resurfaced roundabout (A82 at Balloch for anyone interested) and a scary one on a tight left handed near Drymen Bridge on A811 coming back from Stirling. Both were decent sideways slides and at a reasonable speed. I suspect my fault as not riding to road conditions but I think I was maybe sold on the overhype about how amazing the Michelins are and just assumed they'd grip without thinking. I know I know - no need to tell me how I should always ride to conditions Blah blah!

I'm sure all u MP4 boys will say how absolutely amazingly brilliant they are but some honest criticism would be better received.
Any other good winter alternatives to the Michelins?
As far as I'm concerned the MP3s are about 8/10.

Hi twoz mate, I have Pirelli angel GTs , they are very good tyres in wet and dry , was out the other day on dampish roads which are probably worse than full wet or full dry and they are brilliant, check the write ups mate .

Twozup

Reaction score
Toasted no apologies required mate- just didn't fancy reading another 10 MP4s are amazing Blah blah threads without any real substance as to why.
That assessment you write is pretty convincing bud!

Fly- have heard good things bout the Pirelli mate but I'm not looking to replace just yet guys just looking to see who' been a little overconfident because of the hype and copywriting ability of the michelin advertisers lol
Cheers Fellas

RipGroove

Reaction score
I have pilot road 4's on...(ditched the dunplops before it left the dealership)!
I'm on my 2nd rear, first one lasted 4000miles, it had loads of tread depth left but was starting to square off a tad! The front looks brand new still (minus the chicken strips)!
They warm up super super quick and are epic in the wet!

An absolute confidence inspiring tyre and I wud recommend them to anyone who wants a mixture of longevity and first class performance...
I'll need a set of tyres after Xmas as the rear Bridgestone has sod all tread left after 2700 miles [emoji35] Will probably get the Pilot Road 4's also.

Sent from my iPhone

RipGroove

Reaction score
Not a bad choice at all
Although thinking about it, my MT only comes out in the dry so maybe I'm in a position where I could go for a more Summer tyre, any recommendations?

Sent from my iPhone

RipGroove

Reaction score
How about a set of corsa's?
I had them on a Supermoto once and they were shit, but I put that down to the bike being far to light to be able to warm them up properly. Dedicated Supermoto tyres are the only way to go on those.

What are the Corsa's like for wear? I like the idea of a Summer tyre but would like to see 4k+ out of my next rear really.

Sent from my iPhone