Transform bike handling for £36 - yes really

Hampshirechap

Reaction score
Posting this message to share the deal of the century I received at Steve Jordan motorcycles in Leatherhead. Hopefully other MT09 riders can benefit. Mine is the Tracer and it just felt too 'hard' out of the box (oo er vicar)...

Steve Jordan's place is well known in the south for excellent race bike prep. Anyway, they do a 'ride in' suspension check service. They set the bike up for you specifically (weight etc) and you ride away 30 minutes later. I found this through the baron Von grumble YouTube vids. He uses them. Wow! What a crew. They really know their stuff. From the young lady in the shop who is brill, to the mechanics. This place is a great find.

Sure, they will happily sell you £500 of better suspension which will no doubt be great. I will probably go back for that in summer. But in the meantime, just having these guys professionally set up the stock suspension for me has made a fantastic difference to the handling. I can feel the back wheel dig into corners now. So much better. They made big changes to back and front settings. So, £36 and half and hour later I have a much better bike. If you are in rideable distance of these guys I highly recommend it. Oh, and there is a great cafe in the local town for a bacon butty. What's not to like. Hope this helps.

Stripy

Reaction score
Might be best to take a note of it now, to save it for later :p

My memory is brilliant - its just very short!

Fulfilled-09

Reaction score
I had my stock suspension set uo to my weight at Steve Jordans before I chaged the fork internals and shock to decent kit that works. Great service, friendly, knowledgeable and free hot drinks. I didn't pay anything though, but either way, you'll know how to tweak it yourself now before upgrading.