Changing the CO settings in the DIAG menu

loneranger

Reaction score
I've tried this at 12-12-12 today and it does make a difference. Smoother.

Can some one advise if i should continue with this bearing in mind my bike is brand new and only done 100 miles?

sigtrm

Reaction score
So, regarding ethanol, I confirm it has smell until like 0,5L after that it is quite odorless. Regarding taste: I tastes good all the way until you fall down, after that it tastes even better when consumed in horizontal position.
Conclusion: as much ethanol should be consumed until you fall and then it shall be consumed lying down.
Science bitches.

Kinjane

Reaction score
I found with the CO @ 3 it was just enough to improve closed throttle deceleration in traffic especially before the engine fully warmed up.

Deadhead

Reaction score
After reading this thread and watching a youtube video I've changed mine from 0 to 14. It's a new bike with less than 400 miles on the clock with the akra pipe already fitted new from the dealer. Looking forward to the ride to work tomorrow :) Oh yeah baffle out of course.

Fichtenelch

Reaction score
I ride my mt also at +14 on all 3 cylinders, also with akrapovic. another guy i recently rode with is running the arrow exhaust and is at +22 co adjustment.

BitSar

Reaction score
I understand that the 'CO' setting is adjusting the air/fuel ratio.
However can someone explain:
A - What CO means?
B - Where the magic +14 came from and how to calibrate?

loneranger

Reaction score
i took out the play in my throttle by adjusting the nut. Works a treat for that snatchy throttle issue everyone keeps going on about!

misscrabstick

Reaction score
We ascertained many long times ago that the co adjustment procedure on the dash alters the fueling over the first 2% of throttle opening ONLY, personally I found it to do nothing ( akra TI exhaust) that i could detect to the way the bike runs.

misscrabstick

Reaction score
We also know that most of the low throttle opening snatch/surging is down to the closed loop fueling ( running the fueling off the O2 sensor input), adjusting the dash co will not change this.

Spinoza

Reaction score
So I tried a +10 CO setting on my stock bike (stock exhaust and filter) and definitely felt a loss of power. I'm usually pretty scared to go full throttle, but after changing to +10 I did it quite easily. B mode and STD feel quite the same as far as the throttle goes but A mode felt just a little smoother. The bike just feels tamed now and I'm not sure I like it. It kind of looses that crazy MT-09 feel that the bike is all about.

On the other hand the engine runs noticeably cooler. We've been having a heatwave here lately and in the city the engine temp sometimes passed the 100C mark. Since the CO change the engine stayed below 100C and also heated up more slowly and gradually. No doubt that's healthier for the engine.

I'll try some other settings (including the magic +14 that's been talked about) and let you know how it went. Wish Yamaha would release some official info and explanations on the matter to clear things up for us...

Pauldavid

Reaction score
Can anyone advise if 14 CO setting on all cylinders is the correct setting with a Arrow system?

Chaf Song

Reaction score
Have anyone install akrapovic racing paired with BMC filter?

what's the setting for CO?

sorry for hijacking this thread...:p:eek::eek:;)

fizzy

Reaction score
Have anyone install akrapovic racing paired with BMC filter?

what's the setting for CO?

sorry for hijacking this thread...:p:eek::eek:;)
14 is the best for your setup mate but if you have the kev mod fitted he recommends setting it to 0
Hope that this helps