Dealer ecu flash

rob5006

Reaction score
I hope ur on commission lol :p
I should be....but they have looked after me so I think they deserve my custom and loyalty.....they are actually 62 miles away from me, but worth the trip to the coast .....weather permitting...lol

Triple Trouble

Super Moderator
Reaction score
I should be....but they have looked after me so I think they deserve my custom and loyalty.....they are actually 62 miles away from me, but worth the trip to the coast .....weather permitting...lol
My mates dealership is a massive 100yrds from my house lol

sigtrm

Reaction score
My mates dealership is a massive 100yrds from my house lol
Aaaaaaarghhhhh!!!! yrds? Wtf? It's technical mt-09'forum, I just spent 15 minutes walking around a room trying to visualize and convert your yards to proper units. My friend has bigger yard than mine, I have small yard and other friend has tiny yard, how shall I calculate 100 yards, average yards? Or shall I just walk by 100 yards and that is the distance you have? But fsck that differs if I walk to the lefty I pass 100 yards along 1000 meters if right there are 100 yards through 600 meters, how can you live with that ? Can't you at lest use smith like: my dealership is 70 yamahamt09s from my house? At least I could imagine that.
I can't take it anymore and my brain hurts.

Triple Trouble

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Aaaaaaarghhhhh!!!! yrds? Wtf? It's technical mt-09'forum, I just spent 15 minutes walking around a room trying to visualize and convert your yards to proper units. My friend has bigger yard than mine, I have small yard and other friend has tiny yard, how shall I calculate 100 yards, average yards? Or shall I just walk by 100 yards and that is the distance you have? But fsck that differs if I walk to the lefty I pass 100 yards along 1000 meters if right there are 100 yards through 600 meters, how can you live with that ? Can't you at lest use smith like: my dealership is 70 yamahamt09s from my house? At least I could imagine that.
Lol. It's about 50 MT lengths

relz

Reaction score
Sounds like I'll be calling my dealer in Israel too.
I won't be surprised if he has no idea what I'm talking about [emoji55]
As expected, my local dealer had no idea about the re-flash, so he went to inquire with Yamaha Israel.
Yamaha Israel said that they know that the new 2015 models have a new map, but are unaware of any re-mapping available for the older models :mad:

I'd still like to chase up this issue, to get it done locally.
Can anyone supply me with a copy of a Yamaha memo, describing the option of re-flashing the existing bikes under warranty?
Is there an address to contact Yamaha International, in order to (hopefully) get them to put some pressure on Yamaha Israel?

Thanks.

jasonk

Reaction score
I've been in touch with Yamaha South Africa, they'll be testing the flash soon before rolling it out.

Ride safe

My Toy

Reaction score
Booked in for a flash on Wednesday (thanks to Shaggy for enquiring at the dealers)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Cypher

Reaction score
[video=youtube;6AwXKJoKJz4]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6AwXKJoKJz4[/video]

motorcycleboy

Reaction score
Lagonisi Athens Greece, 37,5km from the city cente
I just had a conversation with Yamaha Headquarters of Southeast Europe and they told me that they have informed all the Yam-mechanics of Greece about the ECU re-map updatting for MT-09.
Allthough they suggest to all owners of MT-09 to do the specific update.
So, i have to make an apointment with my mechanic next week... when he comes back from his holidays and i'll be all the week off my job...

MT09_Shaggy

Reaction score
Booked in for a flash on Wednesday (thanks to Shaggy for enquiring at the dealers)

Good stuff mate, hope it's ok as I'm in Friday !

I'll try and pop down for a brew tomorrow.

MT-Pete

Reaction score
Can't see how they could lock it out, how would they (Yamaha) be able to do any diagnostic work or future software updates if they did so.

trevorleigh

Reaction score
Just picked mine up from the dealer after the re flash, must say it is a huge improvement especially on slow corners and roundabouts. Only tried A mode so far, but it does not seem to have lost any power or torque. It is now the bike Yamaha should have provided in the first place. Well happy

My Toy

Reaction score
As above. I had mine done today and as trevorleigh says it's a big improvement. I never used A mode in town but now I can use it even crawling in traffic in 1st gear without holding the clutch. Roll on from closed is now much better to manage when cornering. No loss of power. No negatives to having this done at all, it's how the bike should have been all along. Another happy MTist.

RipGroove

Reaction score
As above. I had mine done today and as trevorleigh says it's a big improvement. I never used A mode in town but now I can use it even crawling in traffic in 1st gear without holding the clutch. Roll on from closed is now much better to manage when cornering. No loss of power. No negatives to having this done at all, it's how the bike should have been all along. Another happy MTist.

That's it, I am so getting this done.

Russell Brook

Reaction score
Hi all, its my first post, but i've ben lurking for a while.

I had the remap done yesterday and have to agree with others who have. its well worth doing making bike better at low speed manoeuvres + transitioning from off/neutral throttle to opening it. Bike looses none of its character and difference between modes feel more pronounced. If anyone is stuck for the mapping being done and can get to Melton Mowbray, Len Manchester Yamaha will be more than happy to help. Give them a call and ask for Neil.

Let him know Russ sent you it might smooth things along ;-)