Dealer ecu flash

P.Rosa

Reaction score
Hi everyone,
This is my first post!

I've done the remap in Portugal, the dearler told me i was the first one, they also replaced some wires of the headlight (recall) and also replaced the chain tensioner.

About the remap, in my oppinion it changed the Standard Mode and B mode.

Standard mode is more powerfull and with less snatchiness, and with no lag, perfect!
B mode i guess its OK... but not sure, i only drive in this mode when i drive with rear passenger.

A mode stills snatchy, guess yamaha think people get impressed, in my oppinion it's useless.

Someone said the remap makes this bike like the MT-07, don't listen... there is absolutely no reason for not doing the remap, stills with the same power.

My old experience with bikes:

Bandit 600
Thundercat 600
TL 1000 S
TL 1000 R
YZF R1 (stolen)
Back with TL 1000 S
Daytona 675
MT-09

motorcycleboy

Reaction score
Lagonisi Athens Greece, 37,5km from the city cente
Welcome P.Rosa, if you have read my posts 280, 289, 318, 338 and 354 then you would find out that i'm very interesting about the official Yamaha flash..
As a member of this forum i've wrote my thoughts down and have nice conversations with everyone in this forum.
I was the man who wrote what my mechanic mentioned to me... lies... rumours... shit... everything i learn i'm writing to my MT-09 mates,
so, please don't misunderstand my faithfull presence in our community...:confused:

steve byrne

Reaction score
I had my 2014 EMT 09 remapped under Yamaha warranty, it has made a great difference to how it now rides. It is more manageable and a joy to ride now as previously it was frustrating and in some occasions, on bumpy roads and corners, it was a tad dangerous as you felt you could easily lose control. I would definitely recommend the remap it doesn't feel as if has lost any of its grunt and still pulls like a steam train :)

MT09-Smurf

Reaction score
Pinched this from another site.... Oh well!

No need to drain tank.

Best to have bike on stand, if no stand available make sure handle bars are straight.

Remove seat and faux air scoops

Remove 4 bolts holding gas tank to frame.

Lift tank from top side and disconnect 2 small drain hoses. Disconnect electrical harness

Lift tank from bottom side and remove fuel line (be patient, use finger tips to squeeze connected release buttons.)

Lift tank away

Disconnect 2 wire harness connections from ecu

Use one hand to unclip ecu clips

Slide ecu out of air box

Send ecu to Simon / TT.... (I added this bit)

Installation is reverse process

Triple Trouble

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Pinched this from another site.... Oh well!

No need to drain tank.

Best to have bike on stand, if no stand available make sure handle bars are straight.

Remove seat and faux air scoops

Remove 4 bolts holding gas tank to frame.

Lift tank from top side and disconnect 2 small drain hoses. Disconnect electrical harness

Lift tank from bottom side and remove fuel line (be patient, use finger tips to squeeze connected release buttons.)

Lift tank away

Disconnect 2 wire harness connections from ecu

Use one hand to unclip ecu clips

Slide ecu out of air box

Send ecu to Simon / TT.... (I added this bit)

Installation is reverse process
lol. I love the ending...!

Triple Trouble

Super Moderator
Reaction score
This is something I want to get sorted over the winter. Can you PM me details, costs etc..... and any tank removal tips. lol
Have a look they the "aftermarket ECU flash" thread. Everything u need to know is in there... I suggest u skip to the very end as that has all the latest info I have put in.

kiwimacchi

Reaction score
hey you ANZACs, I went to my local dealer (in Christchurch), and they hadn't heard of the flash. boro- which Dealer in Auckland did yours? Then I could get my Dealer to contact them- they didn't have any problems doing the job- they just couldn't find out about it from Yamaha. Why the f***ing secrecy? My dealer richened the mixture up and that has definitely helped, but with our munted roads after the earthquake these bikes are shite to ride smoothly and I am very experienced! Cheers

mirdif64

Reaction score
Cool. Is it easy enough to take the ECU out? I'm a total novice.... only passed my test in March and this is my second bike. This guy has a good reputation up here. Motorcycle Tuning - HIGHLAND MOTORCYCLE DYNOS but he does the power commander option not the ECU remap.
Alan, also heard this guy has a good reputation for tuning bikes. I've been there to get tyres fitted. He is very careful, so no scratched rims.

paulrab

Reaction score
So i finally got to try out the dealers demo which they had flashed, and frustratingly i noticed NO difference at all !!!!
They didn't seem surprised by my findings,and the more i think about it i'm wondering if they had even done the remap, as i had been waiting a good few weeks for them get round to doing it i think they may have still not flashed it but sent me out on it anyway just to stop me hassling them!!
Has anyone experienced no improvement with this yamaha remap?
I was always leaning towards "simons" flash, these findings have just convinced me more.

flipper

Reaction score
I have the Yamaha flash. The difference in initial throttle response is blatantly obvious. If you felt no difference it hadn't been flashed.

Triple Trouble

Super Moderator
Reaction score
So i finally got to try out the dealers demo which they had flashed, and frustratingly i noticed NO difference at all !!!!
They didn't seem surprised by my findings,and the more i think about it i'm wondering if they had even done the remap, as i had been waiting a good few weeks for them get round to doing it i think they may have still not flashed it but sent me out on it anyway just to stop me hassling them!!
Has anyone experienced no improvement with this yamaha remap?
I was always leaning towards "simons" flash, these findings have just convinced me more.
If u want a decent flash (Simons)! just let me know an we can sort it out

paulrab

Reaction score
If u want a decent flash (Simons)! just let me know an we can sort it out
Cheers mate, I will do.
I'll probably be looking at posting the ECU if that's possible,as i can't see me having the time to get to Newbury anytime soon,also the weather's only going to get worse.
Can you Pm with details or is it best to contact Simon directly?
Cheers.