Dealer ecu flash

ToastedBlue

Reaction score
when I picked my bike up on Wednesday I asked about the dealer flash and was told "try riding it for a while and if you're not happy bring it back and we'll do it" :confused:

MartinB

Reaction score
when I picked my bike up on Wednesday I asked about the dealer flash and was told "try riding it for a while and if you're not happy bring it back and we'll do it" :confused:
Exactly the same for me, word for word, its called towing the corporate line I guess, Jury is still out for me at present I would really like to try a flashed bike back to back with mine.

think it will be a winter project.

Cheers

paulrab

Reaction score
, Jury is still out for me at present I would really like to try a flashed bike back to back with mine.
Thats what i was trying to do,but it seems i was given a stock bike to try !!! Unfortunately there is no way of telling if the bike's been flashed just by looking at it, so you've just got to take the dealers word for it, or find another 09 owner with the upgrade who's willing to let you have a shot!

Triple Trouble

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Thats what i was trying to do,but it seems i was given a stock bike to try !!! Unfortunately there is no way of telling if the bike's been flashed just by looking at it, so you've just got to take the dealers word for it, or find another 09 owner with the upgrade who's willing to let you have a shot!
Y don't you just find another dealership an ask them to flash it for you?

paulrab

Reaction score
Y don't you just find another dealership an ask them to flash it for you?
Yeah, i'm not too happy with posting my ECU so i may get the yam flash and wait till spring time to take a ride out your way to let simon do his thing.
I am right in thinking that he's able to put his map on a bike thats had the yam one ??

steve byrne

Reaction score
Yamaha are offering the free re map to all MT 09 owners free of charge just book it in to your Yam dealer.

Saint Geoff

Reaction score
Australian ECU Flash

Any Australian members curious about an ECU flash? Just had mine done by David Edgecombe at Dynobike (Melbourne). Brilliant! No more snatchy throttle, smoother and faster pick-up out of corners, limiter removed from 6th gear. A Mode now default mode. Well worth the money.

relz

Reaction score
I had the re-flash done yesterday, and I'm quite happy with the results :)

I think the change is quite subtle and gentle, meaning that the bike has kept it's previous characteristic and is still brutally stong and quick. The fix really seems to effect only the very initail throttle twist, eliminating the snatchiness.

As part of my testing I've been trying to get it to snatch since, and it's quite hard to do it. I found that if you coast along and quickly flick the throttle open repeatedly, at some point it might catch you with one of those power kicks, but most of the time it's just smooth throttle opening. So I'd say that the problem is fixed. I guess any powerfull motorcycle would give you a bit of a kick in the butt, if you flick the throttle again and again.

jasonk

Reaction score
I've had mine done by Centurion Yamaha, in South Africa, and I'm also very happy with the results.

Smoothed out the pick-up of power off of closed throttle, very reassuring and predictable. Power doesn't seem to be have affected (I haven't dyno'd)

Safe journeys.

MTrider

Reaction score
Hi there from Denmark.
I've been watching this site for a while now with interest. I love my MT, but as many of you, I don't think the on/off throttle is making the Best of the bike.
I've done PCV, G2 Throttle Tamer, and Full Arrows X-Cone. It's allmost there, but not perfekt.
Last year (before any mods) I took the bike to Italy, the Dolomites. VERY nice motorcycle-roads!!!!!!!!!
But the poor throttle some how ruined the fun. Having another trip in planning, I hope to finish the mapping job. But my dealer here in Denmark, have been very helpfull, but tells me, the dealer remap is not possible (yet) in Scandinavia, as it's the same importer.
Today I mailed a Swedish dealer, and he told me, that my bike can't be remapped!!!!!
I have an early 2014 ABS model (had the ABS. recall), and according to this dealer, my model-code is: 2DR4, and only models 2DR7 can be remapped.
Is this some Bull-shit from an uninformed dealer, or is it the naked truth, that I just have to accept?????
He showed me a print with the modelcode Info, though.......

MTrider

jasonk

Reaction score
From what I've seen, different models have different files for their ECUs. The dealer should request the file for your bike.

flipper

Reaction score
Looks like 2DR4 and 2DR7 have the same ECU part number. Why would only one be reflashable?

MTrider

Reaction score
Looks like 2DR4 and 2DR7 have the same ECU part number. Why would only one be reflashable?
Well, it beats me. Thats what he said, and what was written in the official materiale from the Scandinavian importer.
Anybody in here, having the dealer flash done on a bike with the modelcode 2DR4? There's a label under the seat at the lock, showing the actual code.

PeaceMaker

Reaction score
Hi there,
I´ve bought a MT-09 this month, but still haven´t had the chance to ride it, (it´s in the dealer)

How can I know, without testing it, if it has the old or new map?

jasonk

Reaction score
They'd need to plug the bike in and confirm that the loaded map code matches the latest map.