kev's next mod

marksim

Reaction score
Dont forget that you can relocate your horn into the the R/H side panel at the front of fuel tank,behind the imaginary air vent.
You just need to extend the wires.
There will be a link on here somewhere.

Triple Trouble

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Dont forget that you can relocate your horn into the the R/H side panel at the front of fuel tank,behind the imaginary air vent.
You just need to extend the wires.
There will be a link on here somewhere.
We did this mod about a year ago....u can put it inside the left hand air intake using the existing length of wire

lee1980

Reaction score
The pic show correct way when it opens in a pop window!
I take is you have non abs with braided lines? Anyone fitted damper with abs stock lines?

frerk

Reaction score
Correct. Non-ABS with braided lines. Unfortunately ABS models are not (at least were not) sold in the US.

marksim

Reaction score
I have ABS on mine but did away with the original hoses and had full length braided lines made up.
This way you do away with the connections of rubber to metal under the headstock then back to rubber again under the seat.
The frame lug under the headstock is not used this way and is perfect to bolt the damper bracket to

lv0872

Reaction score
I relocated my horn to the other side. See my attachment. It is clear of the brake lines and the steering damper. You can adjust the angle of the horn bracket to get it closer to the fork and more out of the way. There are little dimples on the bracket to make it lock in to place which will no longer line up but that really doesn't concern me in the least.

The forum can't decide if it wants to flip my picture upside down or not and I'm tired of fighting it.

View attachment 2617
That is a great solution. I plan to move it to the l/h side fake air intake, let's see how that goes...

BR\Lin

kevxtx

Reaction score
photo's to come

Last edited:

kevxtx

Reaction score
Photos to come

Last edited:

kevxtx

Reaction score
photos to come

Last edited:

WyldeMT

Reaction score
Hi kev,

Good work on the modifications, strange how some countries are stricter than others when it comes to emissions..

Without hijacking your thread, could you briefly explain what you know about the "CO" settings you can adjust on the dash... Waste of time? Every little helps?

I figured a man like yourself who knows so much about these bikes already, would know what is worth knowing about this aspect.

kevxtx

Reaction score
Photos to come

Last edited:

kevxtx

Reaction score
Photos to come

Last edited:

RBC

Reaction score
Hi kev,
Without hijacking your thread, could you briefly explain what you know about the "CO" settings you can adjust on the dash... Waste of time? Every little helps?.
+1 (mine is stock)

RBC

Reaction score
Trying to find some UK equivalent parts for the damper, do these look similar to what you have used:

http://pages.ebay.com/link/?nav=item.view&alt=web&id=321147937321 can't find a UK seller of these so will have to import :-(

http://pages.ebay.com/link/?nav=item.view&alt=web&id=231381280981
Not sure if that clamp will work as you need the shock bolt hole as out from the shock centre point as you can get it so you get the leverage.
Could either of you guys (or anyone else) have any suggestion for me for the fork clamp/mount? I have my auxiliary HID driving lamp from Touratech in hand and it has been more than one year I could not mount it. The reasons are that (i) I could not use the handlebar mount came out of the box due to short cable coming from the ballast, (ii) I could get no help from Touratech, nor could I find a reliable thread in MT/FZ 09 forums, (iii) I'm kind of obsessed with original/high-quality parts and that (iv) I don't want my forks to get scratched, if, for example, one day I decide to remove the clamp. Needless to say, I should not have any budget-related concern if I feel comfortable with one solution.

Here's a flexible-looking product that I could probably use for mounting my Touratech HID to my MT:
High Quality 2" 50 52mm CNC Aluminium Bobber Custom Headlight Brackets Clamps | eBay

I would use only one (i.e., left or right one) of the pair. What do you think? Thanks in advance,

kevxtx

Reaction score
poto's to come

Last edited: