Dealer ecu flash

flydnb

Reaction score
I know them there milo great shop good service i wont go anywhere else locally for yamaha .

paulrab

Reaction score
My reference to a 'quality' dealer is in relation to one that makes the effort to contact Yamaha and obtain the re-flash and fit it to a demo bike....keeping the customer happy and not just sitting on the sidelines waiting for something to happen....Raceways in Fleetwood continue to deliver. The mechanics say it takes about 15-20 minutes and that it is easy...! This is the FREE mapping from Yamaha that I have had installed. P.S. Haven't noticed any difference to the engine braking, which personally I think is fine and quite like it...each to his/her own....! Hope this helps!
It certainly does. Cheers rob.

boro

Reaction score
There seems to be a lot of comment from people who haven't had the flash saying it's dumbing down the bike...Wrong...I've had the flash 3 days now and its still got all the power it had before you can just use it easier now. As posted elsewhere I can actually ride quicker now as I can modulate the throttle 90% easier than before. No abrupt on/off and much smoother and progressive with the power through the bends...
If you get it flashed you won't look back.. Anyone who has any issue with current throttle needs to get it done.
At my dealer the guy who did it has an MT-09 but was sitting on the fence, now after riding mine he instantly flashed his own bike.
Maybe if you are some superhuman race type it might not make a difference but for us mere mortals it is fantastic, it is top of my list of things I've done to the bike

Thunder Child

Reaction score
Some of the shit in this thread makes my head hurt.

ECU locking. "It's just the FZ map" etc...

It's irreversible because Yamaha don't want to have to pay the dealer an extra service fee to unflash the bike if some twat doesn't like the tune. I concede there's a small possibility that it's irreversible due to the new map having some changes other than simple maps which might make a downgrade flash hard. But having flashed the ECU on various different bikes and cars both directions (whole new ECU firmwares and plain maps) I don't think this is overly likely.

Why would Yamaha put the FZ-09 map on our MT-09's given the FZ's were criticized for shit throttle as well?

I've had the new map for over a week now and I'm still very very impressed and happy with the way the bike responds now.

M

MT account

Some of the shit in this thread makes my head hurt.

ECU locking. "It's just the FZ map" etc...

It's irreversible because Yamaha don't want to have to pay the dealer an extra service fee to unflash the bike if some twat doesn't like the tune. I concede there's a small possibility that it's irreversible due to the new map having some changes other than simple maps which might make a downgrade flash hard. But having flashed the ECU on various different bikes and cars both directions (whole new ECU firmwares and plain maps) I don't think this is overly likely.

Why would Yamaha put the FZ-09 map on our MT-09's given the FZ's were criticized for shit throttle as well?

I've had the new map for over a week now and I'm still very very impressed and happy with the way the bike responds now.
hey asshole......... ive got 1 of each bike so i think id be in the position to know what the maps feel like when riding them............ or do you know something more than me? you got 1 of each bike too eh?

rob5006

Reaction score
I agree with the above comments from Boro and Thunderchild...I was happy with the bike before but now I am besotted with it...Yes you can do your wheelies exactly the same as before...there is no loss of power...the re-flash has made me faster because i can be more precise with the smoother power delivery and have more confidence in the bikes improved performance...this is now the bike that we all want it to be....unless some people like an on/off throttle...or wish to have a custom mapping unique to them.

rob5006

Reaction score
From what I've been reading on U.S. forums is that owners of the FZ09 who have had the re-mapping done due to dis-satisfaction with the throttle, have noticed the smoother power delivery also without loss of power after having the re-mapping done....I've read lots of reviews and have yet to read one saying that there is no difference or it is worse after re-mapping....all positive so far.

Thunder Child

Reaction score
New MT09 re-map....updates.

if i say what? 1 of each bike or i know how they ride? if you wanna rock up here saying people talk shit then expect to be fucked off pretty soon.
Ah man, I don't care if you actually have two bikes or if i'm actually wrong and they did simply copied the fz map. Your apparent extreme anger at one point I made is just entertaining now...

I still feel it's highly unlikely this is what has happened.

Ps your intelligently worded post doesn't do much to convince me your opinions are valid.

motorcycleboy

Reaction score
Lagonisi Athens Greece, 37,5km from the city cente
I agree with the above comments from Boro and Thunderchild...I was happy with the bike before but now I am besotted with it...Yes you can do your wheelies exactly the same as before...there is no loss of power...the re-flash has made me faster because i can be more precise with the smoother power delivery and have more confidence in the bikes improved performance...this is now the bike that we all want it to be....unless some people like an on/off throttle...or wish to have a custom mapping unique to them.
Thank you Rob.. you know, here in Greece most of the tech-managers of Yamaha headquarters & my Yami-mechanic are still on holidays... so i'll ask them next week. I think that i'm the only Greek MT-09 owner who knows for the re-map update...( and that is because they aren't members of this fantastic forum)!

Triple Trouble

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Ah man, I don't care if you actually have two bikes or if i'm actually wrong and they did simply copied the fz map. Your apparent extreme anger at one point I made is just entertaining now...

I still feel it's highly unlikely this is what has happened.

Ps your intelligently worded post doesn't do much to convince me your opinions are valid.
That's enuf of the dick swinging contest guys....

I WILL NOT have a repeat of last weekend....!

We all know how that ended..!

*YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED GENTLEMEN*

sigtrm

Reaction score
hey asshole......... ive got 1 of each bike so i think id be in the position to know what the maps feel like when riding them............ or do you know something more than me? you got 1 of each bike too eh?
I bet you have different FZ, and its vin does not start from J character!

john69

Reaction score
hi everyone, i just come back from having the new flash done at woking yamaha ,and there is a huge improvement no more jerky throttle in all modes, and in my opinion no loss of power, its a yes yes from me,

RipGroove

Reaction score
Just I clarify.....!

MT Account does have two bikes as he resides both here and Thailand.....
Has he tried Yamaha's new map? Not saying he hasn't just curious as to what he makes of it compared to his FZ.