Dealer ecu flash

rob5006

Reaction score
Right place Right time and if you want to know the time ask . . .������
. . the speaking clock!

Only rode it back home but I could tell the difference in regards to town-work. Much smoother. Weather permitting, I will give it a more challenging test tomorrow.

Nice of them to sort it out considering I just dropped in. Thought I might have to wait until Tuesday or later:cool:
Did you get a chance to put the re-mapped MT09 through it's paces today...if so, what is your brutally honest feedback...Many thanks!

rob5006

Reaction score
Had the Yamah free upgrade to the ECU map done yesterday and tested it on town work - perfect.

Took it out of town onto A588 today to try it on country roads and it passed with flying colours. It was FAULTLESS.

I purposefully slowed down in all gears until revs were about as low as could be for that gear; I then just rolled on throttle without touching the clutch. . . not a hiccup - not a lurch - not a surge - not a hesitation. It just reacted correctly. No loss of acceleration. Ultra smooth.

I have no hesitation in recommending the free upgrade.

If you are thinking of flashing the ECU or installing Power Cdr etc I really do suggest you try the official free upgraded version first. If you do not want to risk it on your bike I suggest you try an upgraded demo bike.

Just for the record I have still left installed my DNA filter and G2. Mine was the first with these modifications which the mechanic has tested. Some others had the DNA but not the G2. He said mine was the smoothest he had tested so I am keeping these mods in place.

I really enjoyed today's ride! Hoping for more fine weather!
SOLD...! Mine in for Tues...Many thanks...!

Colton123

Reaction score
Great news mate been back up to my dealer today and they are still saying they don't now anything about it. What to do now?

relz

Reaction score
Had the Yamah free upgrade to the ECU map done yesterday and tested it on town work - perfect.

Took it out of town onto A588 today to try it on country roads and it passed with flying colours. It was FAULTLESS.

I purposefully slowed down in all gears until revs were about as low as could be for that gear; I then just rolled on throttle without touching the clutch. . . not a hiccup - not a lurch - not a surge - not a hesitation. It just reacted correctly. No loss of acceleration. Ultra smooth.

I have no hesitation in recommending the free upgrade.

If you are thinking of flashing the ECU or installing Power Cdr etc I really do suggest you try the official free upgraded version first. If you do not want to risk it on your bike I suggest you try an upgraded demo bike.

Just for the record I have still left installed my DNA filter and G2. Mine was the first with these modifications which the mechanic has tested. Some others had the DNA but not the G2. He said mine was the smoothest he had tested so I am keeping these mods in place.

I really enjoyed today's ride! Hoping for more fine weather!
Sounds like I'll be calling my dealer in Israel too.
I won't be surprised if he has no idea what I'm talking about [emoji55]

trevorleigh

Reaction score
Spoke to my dealer about it today, they have already done there demo bike, and have invited me to come and ride it during the week, so that I can then make my mind up if I like it better. Both the sales guys say it's a huge improvement.

flydnb

Reaction score
Spoke to my dealer about it today, they have already done there demo bike, and have invited me to come and ride it during the week, so that I can then make my mind up if I like it better. Both the sales guys say it's a huge improvement.
Keep us posted trevor.

CT/

Reaction score
Trevor have you got the dealers name and contact number i can have please so when i mention it at my first service if they dont know what i,m on about i can say you,d better contact these. :p

braedan

Reaction score
I asked my dealer about the reflash - im from melbourne australia fyi. But he said the relfash is only available for vin numbers ranging from 001 to 184.. mine is 214. I am arguing with the mechanic saying that I am suffering from the fueling issues, and hopefully he will change his mind and take my bike for a test ride! anyone else had this issue?

Triple Trouble

Super Moderator
Reaction score
I asked my dealer about the reflash - im from melbourne australia fyi. But he said the relfash is only available for vin numbers ranging from 001 to 184.. mine is 214. I am arguing with the mechanic saying that I am suffering from the fueling issues, and hopefully he will change his mind and take my bike for a test ride! anyone else had this issue?
That's a new one...! Will confirm that one when I get into work on Wednesday with the head techy guy....!

trevorleigh

Reaction score
I bought mine from 'The Motorbike Shop' in Farnborough there number is 01252-400000. Seem happy to do it at no cost to me, but did mention that it is not reversable.

Trevor have you got the dealers name and contact number i can have please so when i mention it at my first service if they dont know what i,m on about i can say you,d better contact these. :p

rob5006

Reaction score
Had my Bike re-mapped today at Raceways in Fleetwood. Bearing in mind that I had the Dna air filter and G2 Throttle tamer, I considered my bike snatch free and was happy with it. What I was looking for was a smooth roll-on....Well, having had Lee the Raceways mechanic, install and test ride the bike, I then put it through it's paces...I AM BLOWN AWAY...!
The bike is super-smooth and retains it's raw aggressive acceleration. The roll-on in STD and A mode is exactly the same smoothness as the B mode. I couldn't catch the bike out or find fault...to me, it's a different bike....my memories of any snatch are now just a faded memory. Even when i went over rough terrain the bike remained smooth and settled. If you have any Dna filters or G2 Tamers on the bike then my advise would be to leave them on...it makes everything just a touch smoother...this is also the feedback from Lee at Raceways who is a quality rider and mechanic, who has been testing and mapping MT09s without and without after-market filters and Tamers. Anyway, If you can find a quality Yamaha dealer, then I would strongly recommend the upgrade...Whatever you do now is up to you...good luck...(Many thanks to Raceways and staff for your as always professional service)