Dealer ecu flash

MadGelo

Reaction score
My dealer called Yamaha Scandinavia today, they know nothing about the new update ...

M

MT account

My dealer called Yamaha Scandinavia today, they know nothing about the new update ...
i could call yamaha in thailand about my bike but they dont even know what a map is..........changing an oil filter is beyond most of them.

alan_manic

Reaction score
It would be great to have serious thread about this new remap. Its a pain having to filter through all the rubbish that's being posted........just saying. :)

RipGroove

Reaction score
It would be great to have serious thread about this new remap. Its a pain having to filter through all the rubbish that's being posted........just saying. :)
True that, thread could do with tidying up.

Back on topic though, stopped in my local Yam dealer today, they have two locations and don't plan to flash demo bikes at either location as A) Yamaha say it's irreversible and B) Yamaha won't guarantee it'll make any difference to the bike.

Bit odd but there you have it, just another dealers take on things.

Triple Trouble

Super Moderator
Reaction score

Back on topic though, stopped in my local Yam dealer today, they have two locations and don't plan to flash demo bikes at either location as A) Yamaha say it's irreversible and B) Yamaha won't guarantee it'll make any difference to the bike.

My mate has quite a few MT's in his dealership and he is definitely NOT going to put the Yamaha flash on for the exact same reasons uv said Rip..! But more the fact that everyone who tries the demo bike says that they love the raw power of it and it wud be a big risk to flash them if it's gonna alter that...!
Obviously this is just from a dealerships point of view....

Thunder Child

Reaction score

My mate has quite a few MT's in his dealership and he is definitely NOT going to put the Yamaha flash on for the exact same reasons uv said Rip..! But more the fact that everyone who tries the demo bike says that they love the raw power of it and it wud be a big risk to flash them if it's gonna alter that...!
Obviously this is just from a dealerships point of view....
These dealers seem silly.

RipGroove

Reaction score
I agree. Do Yamaha insist that new bikes which are sold after the ECU update was issued have to be sold with the updated map? If they do, then it is hardly fair to send out potential customers on a demo-bike with a map which is different to the bike which will be delivered to them. I suppose all bikes leaving the factory now will also have the updated map.

As regards dealerships listening to customers - I have yet to hear of a backlash against the Yamaha update from riders who have ridden bikes first with the "old" version then with the new. No one yet seems to be saying the new mod has reduced the enjoyment they were looking for in a bike when they first chose a MT-09.
That is a very good point actually, testing a bike with one map and buying it with a different map, thats quite bad actually.

rob5006

Reaction score
Each to their own..but if Yamaha claim that there is nothing wrong with the throttle response and that it is 'characterful'...then why fit all their new bikes and tour bikes with it.....anyway, I'm not getting into this 'debate'...if you want it, it's out there. I will be having the best smoothness available in mid-corner come Tues...good luck with whatever it is that you want YOUR ride to be!

Also, if your dealer can't help you with a fitted demo or provide the re-flash, find one that can....it may be worth the journey in the end!

rob5006

Reaction score
I called into Raceways of Fleetwood today and 3 customers were having the remapping done on their MT09. As it happens, Forum member 'Makfai' (Queue jumper extraordinaire) just happened to turn up and managed to have his mapping done also....the mechanics informed us that the G2 Throttle tamer makes the throttle even SMOOTHER! This is based on him test riding re-mapped MT09s with and without the Throttle tamer. So good news for those with Dna Filters, throttle tamers, etc, your product is still a good investment. (No doubt Makfai, who has the G2 tamer and the Dna filter) will give his feedback later) Another point picked up on was regarding the throttle free-play. Taking the free-play in will make your throttle more precise. There is a video on u-tube on how to do this and is demonstrated on an FZ09.

RipGroove

Reaction score
I'm also after a super smooth roll on so as long as the new map doesn't have any adverse effects like dumbing down acceleration I'm sold. Will of course also be keeping my G2 for obvious reasons and also my EJK for my Akra.

rob5006

Reaction score
I'm also after a super smooth roll on so as long as the new map doesn't have any adverse effects like dumbing down acceleration I'm sold. Will of course also be keeping my G2 for obvious reasons and also my EJK for my Akra.
I am reliably informed that acceleration is still like a rocket and that you can wheelie away to your hearts content...!

RipGroove

Reaction score
I am reliably informed that acceleration is still like a rocket and that you can wheelie away to your hearts content...!
I need to find one to have a go on, will start searching for Yamaha dealers. I know my nearest two are not flashing their demo bikes.

RipGroove

Reaction score
I've just emailed two dealers, one in Cirencester and one in Swindon, both quite local to me so will see what response I get next week.

Triple Trouble

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Let me know if u go to Swindon and I will see if I can get over to u. I'm "quite close" to Swindon.

sigtrm

Reaction score
Let me know if u go to Swindon and I will see if I can get over to u. I'm "quite close" to Swindon.
Btw, Swindon, I've been a few times in GB and every time I used gps map I marked Swindon to exclude from route calculation. You ask why I did not want to go to/through Swindon? Freaking roundabout, it is fsckiing scary.